Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By justineastwick Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:KICK! SNARE! HIGH-HAT! - ENJOY!! Do whatever you want with it. No restrictions!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBMkf0Je96pNBiozpXSvHzeIJtsdWlZ9/view?usp=sharing

Hey, I appreciate the samples! How did you create these samples? I've been looking for a matching set of open and closed hi-hats that has the "sword unsheathing" sound.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 pm
Sounds like chops from the same song, loop, breakbeat whatever.
By justineastwick Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:02 pm
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like chops from the same song, loop, breakbeat whatever.

Hey, how was your holiday? I’m still in the dog house when it comes to drums. Still focused on building my drum library from a single kit (to develop my own sound). LOL, I’m considering getting a drum machine - been looking at an Alesis SR-16 to supplement in my studio. I have the JUNO-DS drums, but the kicks and hi-hats don’t sound right to me...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:36 pm
justineastwick wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:KICK! SNARE! HIGH-HAT! - ENJOY!! Do whatever you want with it. No restrictions!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBMkf0Je96pNBiozpXSvHzeIJtsdWlZ9/view?usp=sharing

Hey, I appreciate the samples! How did you create these samples? I've been looking for a matching set of open and closed hi-hats that has the "sword unsheathing" sound.

They are from live drums I recorded, mixed, compressed, EQ'ed, re-sampled the drum pattern, chop the samples, and compressed again using the MPC 4000. If you want live drums to sound processed, you have process them. There is also a bass stab under the kick that has a low pass filter on it. :nod:

When doing drums sounds always included the room mic in the mix.

justineastwick wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like chops from the same song, loop, breakbeat whatever.

Hey, how was your holiday? I’m still in the dog house when it comes to drums. Still focused on building my drum library from a single kit (to develop my own sound). LOL, I’m considering getting a drum machine - been looking at an Alesis SR-16 to supplement in my studio. I have the JUNO-DS drums, but the kicks and hi-hats don’t sound right to me...

I always like the high hats on the Alesis SR-16
By Lampdog Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:21 pm
SR-16 and DR-5 are THEE best bread and butter drums machines I can recall.
They have withstood the test of eternal time and you can't go wrong with either one.