Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By RonDu Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Whaddup fam!

Been quite a minute since I had to come on here with a question but I have an issue that is really bothering me. Here's the situation:

I create a program with the autochromate function and record a track like a bassline with my keyboard controller. Now let's say I want to edit it like raise or lower the volume, move notes around or even add an effect- I can't do anything. I lower the volume of the sample and there is no affect. Pan it - nothing. I can not edit that track/sample for anything once recorded. I end up having to delete the the track and do it over with proper levels or effects while recording it. What the heck am I missing?????? I am sure there is a way to edit the track/sample. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks
By RonDu Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Lampdog wrote:Using pad mixer didn't work?

If I turn the volume all the way down and play the track it is not affected.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:53 pm
Does the sample reside on mpc?

Not trying to insult your intelligence and I know you’ve been doing this for a while but I still gotta ask.
If that audio comes from the kybd controller you have to physically control the volume from there or volume vis midi cc on mpc, I think it’s midi cc7.

If that sound lives inside the mpc then you should have total mpc control of everything about it.
By RonDu Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 am
Lampdog wrote:Does the sample reside on mpc?

Not trying to insult your intelligence and I know you’ve been doing this for a while but I still gotta ask.
If that audio comes from the kybd controller you have to physically control the volume from there or volume vis midi cc on mpc, I think it’s midi cc7.

If that sound lives inside the mpc then you should have total mpc control of everything about it.

Yes sir. The sample is a bass note assigned to a pad in the MPC. 16 levels wouldn't include all of the octaves I needed so I autochromated and played it out with the controller on a separate "bass" program.

Now, while mixing down I hear that the bass is too loud so I go into the mixer to turn down the volume and nothing happens. I then go into the bass sample itself and nothing happens. Nothing I do once recorded affects the sample or the recording. I am forced to turn down the velocity on the track itself to lower the recorded audio. This is boggling because I am sure you should be able to edit a track/sample recorded using the autochromate function. :WTF:
By Lampdog Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Everything you tried would be exactly what I would have tried. That is weird that you can't control
and internal sample. I don't know what to tell you. I've made autochromatic programs on 2kxl for the same reason, 16 levels just wasn't enough.
By RonDu Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:41 pm
Lampdog wrote:Everything you tried would be exactly what I would have tried. That is weird that you can't control
and internal sample. I don't know what to tell you. I've made autochromatic programs on 2kxl for the same reason, 16 levels just wasn't enough.

Thanks man. Maybe I need that JJOS. I don't know.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Did you try a reinstall of the OS? Is there a way to default all pads/settings (I guess an OS install would do that too).

Make sure your shit is saved first.