Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

22%
33%
11%
11%
22%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 pm
Just like to wish all my fellow beatmakers a Happy New Year.

Lets kick of 2019 with listening to some more dope flips.

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc.

K-Mo

Granny David

Big Ted

MPCWeapon

574X

Voting will run for 2 days...... Good Luck Fellas :smoker:
By 574X Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 pm
this is wild man. The battles here are getting better and better.
That K-Mo dnb is not what I was expecting. Love it.

Only real feedback is: Ted those chops maybe could use some tuning, but no biggie.
By dez perado Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 pm
voted for Granny David with Ted Beats and 57ax up close.enjoyed every single beat this time around
By pk1 Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:19 pm

We are def not doing these prizes or battle things to bring new people. Def not. We are doing these things to give back to a small group of heads that makes our small community we have here on this forum provided by Tutor. I enjoy continuing these battles. And have took great pleasure watching most of the heads in here grow as an artist. Prizes are really just offering of peace and gratefulness that we have a place to do this, and participate with like minded heads like yourselves. Happy new years to all of you. i wish you all prosperous one.
By big ted Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:48 pm
Went with granny on this one. Torn between his and mpc weapon. K-mo's drum and bass was crazy...not a type of music I listen to but was was a cool track.

574X wrote:
Only real feedback is: Ted those chops maybe could use some tuning, but no biggie.

Thanks!!...to be honest I did play with the tune on a few chops but nothing sounded right to me so I just let em ride. That's why I like these battles with the deadline....can't mess around too long on any one thing...make a decision and move on. I'm no musician so I don't know notes or chords or anything...just try and make it sound decent to my ear, post it up and hope to get a vote. Thanks again for listening.
By Horbid Grotter Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 pm
MPC Weapon
Slick sounding calm beat. It has an old feel to it which I like

K-Mo
I don't know drum n bass well enough to judge this as a track I'd listen to. But as for the simple fact that we all used the same samples then I have to take my hat off to you for the technical work you must have put in here. Give this man a day off!

57AX
Nice swing on the drums, flows well with the trojan vibe

Big Ted :nod:
Great work with the chops and arrangement. A nice solid head-nodder! Got my vote
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:57 am
Yeah I went old school with it I didn’t flip the samples I just took the best bass line phrase and melodic phrase layered it and added some sounds around it and sequenced it all in Reason my first DAW I got down on.

Everybody did an amazing job. Loved all the beats.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 pm
Really dope flips guys but went for K-Mo this round, really loving the DNB vibes :smoker: