Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Congrats to Psychedelic Schizophrenic
you guys churned out a very impressive round.
Lets get into the next one...

Sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf06yg91nfdzren/07%20HOGIN%20MACHINE%20-%20LES%20BAXTER.wav.zip?dl=0

Rules:
Must use sample.. :shock:
outside bass ok
Outside drums ok
No outside instruments/vst's
No accapellas
Vocal drops OK
Deck work ok
Please upload song to the Tube or SCloud.
Post your track in this thread by Tues The 1st
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:54 pm
Thanks GD, shame your going to miss this round mate. Had an hour free this afternoon so I knocked this up on the 2500

By DaCrane Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 am
I love these records and had no idea there were 17 of them (I think I have the first 3). I really look forward to jumping into a few of these. Great idea for an ongoing battle.
Pretty basic, the sample, a few drum hits, and some vocal cuts.
By Horbid Grotter Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:55 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Thanks GD, shame your going to miss this round mate.

..Managed to find a spare hour to throw something together for this one and 226

Happy New Year!
By pk1 Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 am
DaCrane wrote:I

Welcome to the battles Crane. The monch is my fav
By Horbid Grotter Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 pm
pk1 wrote:The monch is my fav

Same here man! Growing up my favourite hip hop album was Organized Konfusion LP. I didn't like Prince Poetry as much as Monch but they were still such a tight duo. Also used to love Stress The Extinction Agenda :smoker: Good days!
By 574X Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 am
Horbid Grotter wrote:
pk1 wrote:The monch is my fav

Same here man! Growing up my favourite hip hop album was Organized Konfusion LP. I didn't like Prince Poetry as much as Monch but they were still such a tight duo. Also used to love Stress The Extinction Agenda :smoker: Good days!

Man I've listened to those records so many times through. Used to blast it in my ol' maro with a sub before it uh... got smashed. :Sigh:
I always wish they kept it going.
Oh wtf how did I miss Equinox!
By Horbid Grotter Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 am
574X wrote:
Man I've listened to those records so many times through. Used to blast it in my ol' maro with a sub before it uh... got smashed. :Sigh:
I always wish they kept it going.
Oh wtf how did I miss Equinox!

Yeah man, Hypnotical Gases, Bring it on, 3-2-1, some dope classics on those 2 LP's. I'd heard of Equinox when I was well into them but never had the privilege of hearing it until years later after I'd stopped listening to rap properly, which is a shame really as I found it hard to rate. I'm sure I would have liked it way back then.

Does anybody here remember an old mixtape made by DJ Spinbad around the mid 90's which had a NY theme? There were lots of NY acapellas placed over NY producer's beats, like KRS-1 over Mobb Deep beats etc. It might have been called 1-900 Spinbad, possibly???
The reason I ask is because there's a very dope Organized Konfusion 'bring it on' mix on there. Here's a link to the track but unfortunately who ever uploaded it has a bad sound quality version of it, with lots of hissing. I'm looking for a clean version of it as I still feel its one of the most rugged dope sounding hip hop tracks ever. Pharoahe's style and flow is like some kind of AI computer loading up, its way ahead of its time. Check it out (but try to imagine it without the poor sound quality lol) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaIXGXULtA
By pk1 Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:17 am
:lol: :lol:

i believe no mater how iLL your rap is/can be. you will not be in the top unless the tone of your voice can carry you...... PrinceP being one of those. and he is very dope.
crazy thing is all the dope beats with the plethora of producers came after the dopest mc's fell to the waste side. Don't get me wrong plenty of dope beats. but came POP! same time as tech came more available to more heads.. the Business corp took over. and took hiphop, pop. Equinox=97 the last cple years of hip hop. but look how that album was buried: Bigs life after death, wu's forever, commons 1 day, Fantastic VOL.1 {i was turned but hated at the time. :?] Jayz vol1, of course the CAMP LO, Pac's Are you still down!. Wyclefs hit it that year. OC "Jewels' :worthy: Diamond D and of Course!!!!!When disastor strikes!!! are you kidding me the most slept on album in my log! **** Funcrusher! And i really enjoyed Sugas Street gospal. that was hot when i did my folsom/donoven term. :!: [u won't catch or know what that is] But MOOD that album was insane. underground heads were on that album. Grab diggaz. man 97 was second to last year of dozens of insanely great hiphop dropped. I can def say that 90 hip hop made my life what it is today! My kids are thankful to all those artists and they don't even know it!
By dez perado Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:31 pm
yea I miss the 90's.Best years of hip hop as far as raw beats and lyrics but I can understand why some of these Younger artists and producers don't understand.you had to be there.way less bitting. wasn't accepted in those times
By Horbid Grotter Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am
I grew up on that early-mid 90's vibe.
Some late 90's hip-hop was ok though. I liked a lot of that Rawkus stuff.
And I bought a few good LP's like;
Phi-Life Cypher - Millennium Metaphors
All Natural - No Additive, No Perservatives
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus (still one of my favourites on a production level)

And this is still one of my favourite 'chill' tracks from 1999...