MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Horseclick Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 am
mpc 5k ssd installation

first you need the startech IDE to SATA Hard Drive or Optical Drive Adapter - 40-Pin PATA to 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD/ODD Converter

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Dri ... 00EOJNGC2/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EOJNGC2/

open 5k

carefully unplug cables from harddrive

props to computermyster

attach ide cable to adapter and molex to power cord

i used a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to mount the ssd into the harddrive housing on the rear panel

reassemble , format harddrive

good super fast

i then took out the ssd dropped my entire sample collection from the comuter, then reinstalled into the 5k

and i was done

also i like the fist they got on the circuit board thats dope reminds me of the emu humour.

now 5k loads/save super fast and is silent
By huntersiegel Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:35 am
Hey, a little late to the party here. :/

Trying to upgrade my 5000 with an SSD using this method and running into some trouble. It keeps hanging on the "loading stream engine" and not getting initialize the HD. Do you happen to remember the type of SSD you installed? Wondering if it could be an incompatibility in that regard.
By Horseclick Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 pm
it was a intel ssd bro, but on the startech adapter you can set slave/master try either one as you may have a dvd drive , but all ssd's should work ok, sounds to me you need to set master or slave on the adapter.

sorry about the late reply i aint been seen for some time, using my sp1200 while other gear collects dust.
By DJ ALX Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:54 pm
huntersiegel wrote:Hey, a little late to the party here. :/

Trying to upgrade my 5000 with an SSD using this method and running into some trouble. It keeps hanging on the "loading stream engine" and not getting initialize the HD. Do you happen to remember the type of SSD you installed? Wondering if it could be an incompatibility in that regard.

You should set jumper to Cable (Select) . Just installed one right now. previous HD had a jumper to cable so I set the Startech adaptor to same jumper.

Peace!
By Dave M Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm a new MPC 5000 owner (well its only new to me but for $325... how could I say no?). I also have an Alesis Fusion 8HD that I recently updated by replacing the IDE drive with an SSD... the process described here is pretty much the same. Does anyone know what the maximum usable hard disk size for the MPC5000 is?