Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By platfus118 Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm
Hi!
I am now going through Beat Making on the Free JJ OS which is an incredible, amazing book.
I am having problem with the Grid Edit section though;

When I load up the GRID proj, it works great and I can hear everything playing properly.
Entering GRID MODE, I can't move/copy notes (These functions are missing from the grid editing window).
There's only TRACK, DELETE, MUTE and SOLO
While in the book it shows (quite a different UI as well): TRACK 1, COPY, PASTE, MOVE, DELETE, SOLO

I tried searching for an answer, but nothing works (Not even pressing OVERDUB before)

I'm using the Free JJOS on MPC2500
What am I doing wrong? :(
By saltmcgault Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm
platfus118 wrote:Hi!
I am now going through Beat Making on the Free JJ OS which is an incredible, amazing book.

When I load up the GRID proj, it works great and I can hear everything playing properly.
Entering GRID MODE, I can't move/copy notes (These functions are missing from the grid editing window).
While in the book it shows (quite a different UI as well): TRACK 1, COPY, PASTE, MOVE, DELETE, SOLO

I tried searching for an answer, but nothing works (Not even pressing OVERDUB before)

in grid edit go to where you want to copy. hold shift press down if you want to add more pads then when you get all the pads you want to copy while still holding shift move cursor to the right or you can use the jog wheel. when you get to all that you want hit copy. Go to where you want to paste it. Im using jjos128xl so it may be different but give it a try. I hope it works out. :smoker:
By platfus118 Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:33 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
platfus118 wrote:Hi!

in grid edit go to where you want to copy. hold shift press down if you want to add more pads then when you get all the pads you want to copy while still holding shift move cursor to the right or you can use the jog wheel. when you get to all that you want hit copy. Go to where you want to paste it. Im using jjos128xl so it may be different but give it a try. I hope it works out. :smoker:

Hey mate, thanks for the comment,
I tried that, holding shift does nothing except show me more options like: T.C., CLICK and PASTE.

EDIT: Maybe the free version is limited in this area and MPC Tutor unknowingly overlooked it? Just an assumption
By Lampdog Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:My book covers the free JJOS, so it will help, but OS1 (4.99) is different in many ways, so you'll definitely need the official manual and the Stan Steez one as well (check the MPC Manuals link at the top of this site).

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=160527