Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Horseclick Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 pm
hey ok tyhe only other thing i can think of is use the same firmware juke has been using.

4.2 from his screen shot otherwise i would also buy a new sandisk sd card minimum 30mb/s sec card and try that also.

By LADiego Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:09 pm
tried that. did not work.

did the scsi self-test and it failed. so I am returning for replacement boards.

I did appreciate your help though.
By richie Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 pm
@LADiego, did you take off the QC sticker? I've read that it's been linked to shorting the scsi2sd out.
By LADiego Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:35 pm
richie wrote:@LADiego, did you take off the QC sticker? I've read that it's been linked to shorting the scsi2sd out.

Yeah, I read about that on the forum, but there were no stickers of any kind on the boards. Boards have been returned for replacement.

Thanks for your input.
By distortedtekno Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:02 pm
spookymulder wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHCeac8X7ok

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing. However, the MPC2000 and the MPC2000XL are 2 different machines. Nobody has been successful getting a SCSI2SD to work with an MPC2000.
By Plasticlegs Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 am
I'm successfully using a SCSI2SD V5 (the red one) with a 4GB Sandisk Micro SD card with my classic MPC-2000. It's hooked up externally using the SCSI port, nothing special. I just used the default scsi2sd-util settings. I assigned SCSI IDs 0-3 at 1GB each but the MPC only recognizes a little over 500MB per HD. I put OS 1.72 on SCSI 0 so I've eliminated the need to use floppy disks.

It's writing and reading fast and without any issues.

The MPC-2000 classic works great with the SCSI2SD.
By tapedeck Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:29 am
Plasticlegs wrote:The MPC-2000 classic works great with the SCSI2SD.

that is great news - nice work. thanks for confirming. :mrgreen:
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 pm
Plasticlegs wrote:I'm successfully using a SCSI2SD V5 (the red one) with a 4GB Sandisk Micro SD card with my classic MPC-2000. It's hooked up externally using the SCSI port, nothing special. I just used the default scsi2sd-util settings. I assigned SCSI IDs 0-3 at 1GB each but the MPC only recognizes a little over 500MB per HD. I put OS 1.72 on SCSI 0 so I've eliminated the need to use floppy disks.

It's writing and reading fast and without any issues.

The MPC-2000 classic works great with the SCSI2SD.

I’ve been skeptical of claims that it works, especially when I see this is your first post. But if you can post a video of it working, that would be cool.
By tapedeck Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm
distortedtekno wrote:

:mrgreen:

i don't see why it wouldnt work - scsi is very forgiving on these machines from what i've seen.

sure a video would be cool tho to quell the haters.
By richie Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I’ve been skeptical of claims that it works, especially when I see this is your first post. But if you can post a video of it working, that would be cool.

I agree man. I think he made that account to create this thread to create some sort of beef with people that openly advise people on the MO drive.

It just sucks when people troll on this site. :(

But seriously, I've been on edge about buying a scsi2sd just to give my stamp of verification that it works. I've just been cheap and sh*t is about to get real because McDonalds sent out their batch of mailer coupons for me to rinse.
By distortedtekno Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:24 am
:lol:

I really do wanna see this shit working. Then I’ll buy it and get it over with. My MO drive still works fine. But I can’t find a deal on a SCSI to USB Adapter. My Mac Mini has a built in SD drive and I have some old 2gb micro SD cards laying around. So this would be the perfect opportunity for me to buy in if it actually works. But I gotta see some proof. There’s more people out there saying it doesn’t work. The statistics are hardly convincing.
By Plasticlegs Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 am
I don't have time tonight, but tomorrow I'll create a video to show without any disk inserted that it boots from SCSI2SD and loads without issue from the SCSI2SD. I read this thread and assumed it wouldn't work. I gather it didn't work for the one person who started the thread but it could be as simple as the device not liking the brand of SD card he was attempting to use, a bad SCSI cable, wrong OS, any number of potential issues.

I'll put something together and post it. I have one program that has hits and loops on all pads in all banks that takes longer to load, but it completely loads the machine something that would take a huge box of floppies to do. I'll make a video of that.
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:59 pm
Plasticlegs wrote:I don't have time tonight, but tomorrow I'll create a video to show without any disk inserted that it boots from SCSI2SD and loads without issue from the SCSI2SD. I read this thread and assumed it wouldn't work. I gather it didn't work for the one person who started the thread but it could be as simple as the device not liking the brand of SD card he was attempting to use, a bad SCSI cable, wrong OS, any number of potential issues.

I'll put something together and post it. I have one program that has hits and loops on all pads in all banks that takes longer to load, but it completely loads the machine something that would take a huge box of floppies to do. I'll make a video of that.

Thanks for responding here and to my PM. This will be the first real confirmation of it working and a big step forward for MPC 2000 users.