Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 am
Danoc wrote:Smh at discussion over ram for a STANDALONE MPC LIVE/X.

That's like someone telling me now l can only use 2gb ram in my PC with all the powerful wave plugins and the list goes on. I think l would pull out a bat and beat the **** out of them, respectively! :-)

Give me as much FAST RAM as possible. Throw as much in there that the system can handle. 128 GB of DDR4 3600! I want to throw as many effects, tracks. at it and the device just laughs it.

I think anyone who wants limited amount RAM and want to get away from desktop/laptops have never had the chance to actually use a POWERFUL, FULLY SPEC OUT DESKTOP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what happens when people think a paper plane can do the work of Airbus A380. We hear the whole, having less make me more creative. For myself, what makes me more creative is having a machine that can keep up with my work flow.
By Eyalc Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:30 am
Disk streaming is definitely important, but it won’t help me to run the Waves plugins that require 8gb minimum.

Is 2gb enough? Depends on what you’re doing. Most people that use MPCs, it’s probably enough. But for some, more ram is always better. It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about what works for you. If more ram opens the possibility of running my VSTs of choice, I’m all for it. I have the money to do it, so let me put as much ram into it as I want. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to do that, For those that only want 2gb ram, don’t put more ram modules in, and you’re happy too. And there’s nothing wrong with wanting that 2gb limitation. Do. You.

I’m like Charles... once I had a chance to work on a fully loaded computer in a studio, and I could do whatever the heck I wanted and the computer didn’t flinch, I was sold on having limitless possibilities. For other people, having limits makes them more creative. Nothing wrong with either one.
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:40 am
What Charles and Eyalc said!!!

The clown that made up "MAKE MORE WITH LESS" knows dam well you can't make more with less. This is actual brain washing.

I remember working strictly on the 2000XL but once l got a taste of working on a desktop it was a wrap! Never turned back.

I will never wirk soley on the MPC. But l know others who want to and they have the right to want more. They will need more in standalone mode.

In a minute lm buying a blown out PC.
1. 64gb ram
2. 5.0 buss speed
3. i7 Win 10
4. 10 USB ports
5. 2 HDMI ports
6. eSata port
7. Wifi
8. 2gb SSD
9. 8 core

Im not concern or waiting for Akai to make moves on this
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am
Eyalc wrote:Disk streaming is definitely important, but it won’t help me to run the Waves plugins that require 8gb minimum.

Is 2gb enough? Depends on what you’re doing. Most people that use MPCs, it’s probably enough. But for some, more ram is always better. It’s not about being right or wrong. It’s about what works for you. If more ram opens the possibility of running my VSTs of choice, I’m all for it. I have the money to do it, so let me put as much ram into it as I want. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to do that, For those that only want 2gb ram, don’t put more ram modules in, and you’re happy too. And there’s nothing wrong with wanting that 2gb limitation. Do. You.

I’m like Charles... once I had a chance to work on a fully loaded computer in a studio, and I could do whatever the heck I wanted and the computer didn’t flinch, I was sold on having limitless possibilities. For other people, having limits makes them more creative. Nothing wrong with either one.

I use to suffer from gear lust when I first started, because the studios I went to had so much gear. However, once I went to more studio engineers project studios. I saw they did not have so much gear. I remember asking them why? They told me because a commercial studios, needs to stock up on gear for clientele request and they needed to make an impression.

They said use the minimum amount of gear, however make sure the pieces you choose are top notch and they don't limit you. Online I see a lot of this, people have 30 Drums Machines but only 10 songs. If they are collectors then that's great. If they use them all then that great awesome. I'm all for a creative sparks.

Make gear that does not limit me, let me choose the limits of the gear. 2GB of RAM in 2019 is a joke. :lol: That's why the MPC X or Live in controller mode, connect to a beast desktop computer is the way to go. If I want easy portability, I connect it to a beast of an ultra book.

This is why the Ethernet port on the APC is interesting. I wonder what it will allow. If it works the way I hope, my next question is. Why didn't they include this on the MPC X (The FLAGSHIP)?

Danoc wrote:The clown that made up "MAKE MORE WITH LESS" knows dam well you can't make more with less. This is actual brain washing.

Exactly, you can't make 100, 8 ounce glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice. Using 1 orange that doesn't make 1 ounce.

Danoc wrote:In a minute lm buying a blown out PC.
1. 64gb ram
2. 5.0 buss speed
3. i7 Win 10
4. 10 USB ports
5. 2 HDMI ports
6. eSata port
7. Wifi
8. 2gb SSD
9. 8 core

I'm not concern or waiting for Akai to make moves on this

Once your rig is in, just don't smack yourself to hard, because you've been working extra hard for nothing.
By zangetsu01 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
I agree with those who say that if you go controller mode and you've thetered the MPC to a powerfull PC -> Sky's the limit.
I was always messing around with i5 4Gb laptops and just couldn't finish a track without a lot of frustration because of latency issues. The d*mn sound just kept on stuttering.

Now I'm using a Asus Rog 20. Its a gaming PC, and you know that hardcore gamers don't 'play' when it comes to PC power. :worthy:

It's equiped with 16Gb of ram (I could go higher) and a i7 (4,2 GHz) processor. Man al of the problems I've been facing all these years with my previous setups have melted like snow under the summer sun.

Now I can produce/Mix/and Master without having to render because of insuficient power, It's all there. :worthy:

Even if you travel allot, hooking your MPC to a powerfull Laptop only requires a USB cord and enough juice fore the laptop.

Don't expect to lamborghini performance with a Fiat Panda engine.
By Fanu Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I use to suffer from gear lust when I first started, because the studios I went to had so much gear. However, once I went to more studio engineers project studios. I saw they did not have so much gear. I remember asking them why? They told me because a commercial studios, needs to stock up on gear for clientele request and they needed to make an impression.

Some truth here.
The days when you needed hardware to make your music sound great are over. And now I don't mean the gear doesn't sound good, because it does, and so does software – it's about knowing your tools and your ears.
I make my living doing mixing and mastering, and I do it 100% with my DAW.
Can I match all the given big league reference songs given to me by my clients? Of course. And majority of the music we hear today has been mixed/mastered with software anyways (if you're an active engineer who needs to tackle several projects a day and you're not in Drake league making humongous money, which would kind of make it possible for you to savor a project, working with all hardware, it's not even practical).
I hardly get the Qs anymore, but I used to get Qs like "So do you mix and master with hardware?" and when I truthfully answered "No", those clients never hit me back.
But when some ask, "Do you do analog mixing and mastering?" my reply is "Yes" (as I use a lot of analog emulations in my work) and nobody's ever unhappy.
By kaydigi Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm
Danoc wrote:What Charles and Eyalc said!!!

The clown that made up "MAKE MORE WITH LESS" knows dam well you can't make more with less. This is actual brain washing.

I remember working strictly on the 2000XL but once l got a taste of working on a desktop it was a wrap! Never turned back.

I will never wirk soley on the MPC. But l know others who want to and they have the right to want more. They will need more in standalone mode.

1. 64gb ram
2. 5.0 buss speed
3. i7 Win 10
4. 10 USB ports
5. 2 HDMI ports
6. eSata port
7. Wifi
8. 2gb SSD
9. 8 core

Enjoy that 2gb SSD :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm
YOU know DAM WELL I MEANT 2TB LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Do they even sell 2gb SSD? Hell naw LOL my bad that was a sure typo.

kaydigi wrote:
Danoc wrote:What Charles and Eyalc said!!!

1. 64gb ram
2. 5.0 buss speed
3. i7 Win 10
4. 10 USB ports
5. 2 HDMI ports
6. eSata port
7. Wifi
8. 2gb SSD
9. 8 core

Enjoy that 2gb SSD :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:22 pm
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Fanu wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:I use to suffer from gear lust when I first started, because the studios I went to had so much gear. However, once I went to more studio engineers project studios. I saw they did not have so much gear. I remember asking them why? They told me because a commercial studios, needs to stock up on gear for clientele request and they needed to make an impression.

Some truth here.
The days when you needed hardware to make your music sound great are over. And now I don't mean the gear doesn't sound good, because it does, and so does software – it's about knowing your tools and your ears.
I make my living doing mixing and mastering, and I do it 100% with my DAW.
Can I match all the given big league reference songs given to me by my clients? Of course. And majority of the music we hear today has been mixed/mastered with software anyways (if you're an active engineer who needs to tackle several projects a day and you're not in Drake league making humongous money, which would kind of make it possible for you to savor a project, working with all hardware, it's not even practical).
I hardly get the Qs anymore, but I used to get Qs like "So do you mix and master with hardware?" and when I truthfully answered "No", those clients never hit me back.
But when some ask, "Do you do analog mixing and mastering?" my reply is "Yes" (as I use a lot of analog emulations in my work) and nobody's ever unhappy.
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:33 pm
why all of a sudden I wanna drink lots and lots of orange juice with my new PC? :smoker:

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Exactly, you can't make 100, 8 ounce glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice. Using 1 orange that doesn't make 1 ounce.
Last edited by Danoc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Bottom line for me, I use the MPC Live to make some of the best and most powerful drums. My ideas are wicked and I can just get wicked and do complex drum patterns, coming from my mind, and how to get it out so I can put it in my DAW is what I wanted with the MPC 2000xl. I don't have time to track out, nor do I want to. I can export whatever I did and keep it moving. So for me just doing drums with 2gb ram (which is less than that) is ok. But if I wanted to do an entire track, I'm talking music, and vocals etc I would need way more than Two Gigs of freakin ram.

Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING! I would love to record exclusively on my Live, and I know there are those with the X that would love to also. I mean look at the X, that should be an all in all music studio stop. That dam thing should be the Beast of all drum machine beast! If you wanted to, with the X you should never have to turn on the PC if you didn't want to. Everything should be in that. It should be your Music studio/PC all in one. That would be so nice, and the Live would be my portable Beast. Pop it in a bag and go! USB a 49/25 midi keyboard anywhere in the world and make hits! Lets stop being irrational about power for these machines.

The more Power you have the more you can do and put down any complex idea. You want to be confident that you can do a lot when doing music and not feeling like if you put to much here or there your computer will blow the hell up!
Give me the most for my machine and no glitches and we are good! :smoker: 8)
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:10 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:It's equipped with 16Gb of ram (I could go higher) and a i7 (4,2 GHz) processor. Man all of the problems I've been facing all these years with my previous setups have melted like snow under the summer sun.

Now I can produce/Mix/and Master without having to render because of insufficient power, It's all there. :worthy:

That's the ticket! :nod:

Fanu wrote:Of course. And majority of the music we hear today has been mixed/mastered with software anyways (if you're an active engineer who needs to tackle several projects a day and you're not in Drake league making humongous money, which would kind of make it possible for you to savor a project, working with all hardware, it's not even practical)

Drake makes money, but he's not spending big money on his music. :lol: Many of those guys are lazy when it comes to their craft. They rapping over Stereo track music and putting out a minimal amount of effort. That's why the music has not sonic depth.

So don't knock yourself.

Danoc wrote:YOU know DAM WELL I MEANT 2TB LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Do they even sell 2gb SSD? Hell naw LOL my bad that was a sure typo.

They Do. For the military and scientific mission. The cost is anywhere from $100 to $120 dollar for 2gb.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.