Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
Bymember04959388 Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm
Danoc wrote:Bottom line for me, I use the MPC Live to make some of the best and most powerful drums. My ideas are wicked and I can just get wicked and do complex drum patterns, coming from my mind, and how to get it out so I can put it in my DAW is what I wanted with the MPC 2000xl. I don't have time to track out, nor do I want to. I can export whatever I did and keep it moving. So for me just doing drums with 2gb ram (which is less than that) is ok. But if I wanted to do an entire track, I'm talking music, and vocals etc I would need way more than Two Gigs of freakin ram.

Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING! I would love to record exclusively on my Live, and I know there are those with the X that would love to also. I mean look at the X, that should be an all in all music studio stop. That dam thing should be the Beast of all drum machine beast! If you wanted to, with the X you should never have to turn on the PC if you didn't want to. Everything should be in that. It should be your Music studio/PC all in one. That would be so nice, and the Live would be my portable Beast. Pop it in a bag and go! USB a 49/25 midi keyboard anywhere in the world and make hits! Lets stop being irrational about power for these machines.

The more Power you have the more you can do and put down any complex idea. You want to be confident that you can do a lot when doing music and not feeling like if you put to much here or there your computer will blow the hell up!
Give me the most for my machine and no glitches and we are good! :smoker: 8)

Yes give us 8gb cpu and we will have powerful effects.
Did you notice there is nothing like a granulator or stutter and no pattern delays?
I mean, some sound design effects.
And we don't have a decent phaser or a stereo reverb.
Come on. Its 2019.
By machinesworking Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 pm
Danoc wrote:Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING!

I could run 128 audio tracks on a 400mhz. 128 Megabyte RAM Mac Plus in 2001.
Because DAWs even back then had disc streaming, the MPC Live and X do not.
I can't make this any more clear if I tried, the MPCs should easily be able to get disc streaming in a software update, there's a good chance that the RAM is soldered in permanently to the logic board on the Live and X. You, and everyone else here bought the X or Live knowing hopefully how much RAM it came with. Modern OS's can swap hard drive space for RAM even, if they can stream off the hard drive that is.

You're all dogs chasing cars here.
Bymember04959388 Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm
machinesworking wrote:
Danoc wrote:Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING!

I can't make this any more clear if I tried, the MPCs should easily be able to get disc streaming in a software update, there's a good chance that the RAM is soldered in permanently to the logic board on the Live and X. You, and everyone else here bought the X or Live knowing hopefully how much RAM it came with. Modern OS's can swap hard drive space for RAM even, if they can stream off the hard drive that is.

We are not complaining, I am happy with my Live.
We are just suggesting that instead of creating a new (not so nice looking) hardware for ableton users, it would be more ibteresting to make a Live2 with more gb.
that's it.
Just some considerations of Mpc users before the next introduction of a new (not so nice looking) standalone.
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Yes sir. I use the grandular in Omnisphere 2.5 is A BEAST! Akai need to implement that. :smoker:

Frisbi wrote:Yes give us 8gb cpu and we will have powerful effects.
Did you notice there is nothing like a granulator or stutter and no pattern delays?
I mean, some sound design effects.
And we don't have a decent phaser or a stereo reverb.
Come on. Its 2019.
By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 pm
:lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:When I see one person with 12 desktop pieces, I always think of this guys. :lol: People doing way too much. Let's hope the APC can open up more desk space.

By Danoc Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm
Im not chasing nothing but this money and newI1st quarter deals!

Don't speculate that the ram is soldered to the board, unless you know. Even so it could be modified!

Yes disk streaming would be dope and that's YOUR pipe dream but we don't have it do we?

Of course l knew what l was getting that's why l got the live and not the X.

I use a PC and about to get the most powerful one l have ever owned. So lm in the clear and l get work done. Im ITB and loving it. What we didn't expect is for Akai to be wasting time with Splice and crap. How bout get these machines right.

machinesworking wrote:I could run 128 audio tracks on a 400mhz. 128 Megabyte RAM Mac Plus in 2001.

By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm
machinesworking wrote:

What DAW system did you use in 2001, to give you 128 tracks?

We used 2 Pro Tools 5.3 HD3 system? Which came with it's own hardware and 2 PCI cards or more, that took the load of the CPU and at 24/96 we could only get 32 tracks. That is why many studios ran dual computers to get 128 tracks at 44.1/48. Don't forget you need some fast hard drives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But those HD 3 system would cost $10,000 and up, plus the computer rigs, plus the hard drives.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:32 am
Charles when he said:

"I could run 128 audio tracks on a 400mhz. 128 Megabyte RAM Mac Plus in 2001.
Because DAWs even back then had disc streaming,"

I dropped the mic turned left and walkedoff the stage. :WTF:

I wanna know what DAW he was usin and which effects was disc streaming . Cause every major stu should of followed him.
Instead of buying a Protools HD system , every major stu should of done it his way. Hell we wete still using Adats. Smh

CharlesRandolph wrote:What DAW system did you use in 2001, to give you 128 tracks?

We used 2 Pro Tools 5.3 HD3 system? Which came with it's own hardware and 2 PCI cards or more, that took the load of the CPU and at 24/96 we could only get 32 tracks. That is why many studios ran dual computers to get 128 tracks at 44.1/48. Don't forget you need some fast hard drives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But those HD 3 system would cost $10,000 and up, plus the computer rigs, plus the hard drives.
By machinesworking Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 am
Danoc wrote:Charles when he said:

I wanna know what DAW he was usin and which effects was disc streaming . Cause every major stu should of followed him.
Instead of buying a Protools HD system , every major stu should of done it his way. Hell we wete still using Adats. Smh

CharlesRandolph wrote:What DAW system did you use in 2001, to give you 128 tracks?

http://motu.com/other/press/100tracks/100tracks.html

Christ? I was running a lowly G4 400 with 32 tracks easily out of my apartment at the time...

You're nitpicking because you're all barking up the wrong tree about track counts, high audio track counts do not take heavy RAM, that, was my point. Disk Streaming is what will give you track counts, being upset about 2GB of RAM isn't really the right area of the device to be worried about when it comes to track counts. Unless you're talking about huge sample libraries, then a certain amount of RAM is used as a buffer before disc streaming comes in.

I actually am not even that interested in track counts in terms of the MPC or this new device, I'm fine with the performance of the machines as they stand. But to argue that the device right now isn't as powerful as a G4 800 from 2001 is silly, the hardware is fine for high tracks counts especially if they ever get around to streaming audio tracks from disc, it's not impossible, MOTU and others were doing it back then, with modern HD's and SSD's there's literally no problem here IMO, it's just AKAI's software that needs tweaking.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 am
Danoc wrote:Charles when he said:

In 2001 computer were still unstable, even the trusty MAC with HD3 Protools. People tried to push them and they would crash!!! Top studio's normally ran cascading computers. One for the audio and the other for effects. Yet, most places still used external effect units. Altiverb (The only game in town) in 2001 was pulling 130 mb of RAM for each instance.

:lol: Yes: TAPE, ADATs, Digital Workstations like Roland, Akai , Tascam, and others and a whole bunch of external gear. The MPC 4000 wasn't even out yet.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:26 am
I get you, but we have people coming to the MPC's from computers software DAWS and they want 8 effects on 80 tracks and want to do it live and with automation, while pushing other external gear. Also it better not cost more than $1000 dollars. :lol: They don't know what it means to comp tracks, pre render or freeze effects. 2GB of RAM and Disk Streaming is not going to do it in 2019!

machinesworking wrote:http://motu.com/other/press/100tracks/100tracks.html

Christ? I was running a lowly G4 400 with 32 tracks easily out of my apartment at the time...

You're nitpicking because you're all barking up the wrong tree about track counts, high audio track counts do not take heavy RAM, that, was my point. Disk Streaming is what will give you track counts, being upset about 2GB of RAM isn't really the right area of the device to be worried about when it comes to track counts. Unless you're talking about huge sample libraries, then a certain amount of RAM is used as a buffer before disc streaming comes in.

I actually am not even that interested in track counts in terms of the MPC or this new device, I'm fine with the performance of the machines as they stand. But to argue that the device right now isn't as powerful as a G4 800 from 2001 is silly, the hardware is fine for high tracks counts especially if they ever get around to streaming audio tracks from disc, it's not impossible, MOTU and others were doing it back then, with modern HD's and SSD's there's literally no problem here IMO, it's just AKAI's software that needs tweaking.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 am
First let me say lm not angry at having 2gb ram for my live. Its more than enough.

IN STANDALONE MODE on the new MPCs it will take more than 2gb ram to run 128 audio tracks AND THERE ISNT ANY DISK STREAMING ON THESE MACHINES!
Please stop living in the 2001 DP days.

You would have to explain to me why do people and major studios blow their machines out dam near or to the max.
1. 32gb to 128gb ram
2. 8 or 12 core machines
3. 400Ghz to 500Ghz bus speed
So they never have to worry period!

As it stands we get only 8 audio travks in standalone mode. People want more audio tracks. I work on midi and export to audio for my Daw but people want to turn midi to audio in the new MPCs. In order for the new MPCs to run 124 audio tracks, with effects, with eternal plugins on each track you need more ram. Algorithm plugins vs convolution would be up to Akai to put in, for which won't use up more ram. Basically the MPC will now be a computer. This what people want not about what YOU WANT OR NEED!
Again disk streaming would be dope.

As far as DP and 2001 why didn't every major stu hop on DP then instead of going Protools HD then HDX if you could get 124 tracks easy using DP? No one really talks about DP. This is the first time l heard DP meantioned since 2003!

machinesworking wrote:http://motu.com/other/press/100tracks/100tracks.html

Last edited by Danoc on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.