Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:23 am
:worthy:

I wouldn't dare try to do what l do on my main computer on my MPC live. Matter fact l can't lol Especially if those people love working with convolution reverbs. Its not about what l want lm looking from the stand point of what others want and coming from. The X and live could of been the perfect studios, one being portable. They are not at this time the solution to a saud studio in standalone.

Oak Felder said he used 177 tracks on his laptop. That's with aduio, effects, etc on each track. Ask him to do that on the new MPCs , he will think we are bananas!

CharlesRandolph wrote:I get you, but we have people coming to the MPC's from computers software DAWS and they want 8 effects on 80 tracks and want to do it live and with automation, while pushing other external gear. Also it better not cost more than $1000 dollars. :lol: They don't know what it means to comp tracks, pre render or freeze effects. 2GB of RAM and Disk Streaming is not going to do it in 2019!

machinesworking wrote:http://motu.com/other/press/100tracks/100tracks.html

Christ? I was running a lowly G4 400 with 32 tracks easily out of my apartment at the time...

You're nitpicking because you're all barking up the wrong tree about track counts, high audio track counts do not take heavy RAM, that, was my point. Disk Streaming is what will give you track counts, being upset about 2GB of RAM isn't really the right area of the device to be worried about when it comes to track counts. Unless you're talking about huge sample libraries, then a certain amount of RAM is used as a buffer before disc streaming comes in.

I actually am not even that interested in track counts in terms of the MPC or this new device, I'm fine with the performance of the machines as they stand. But to argue that the device right now isn't as powerful as a G4 800 from 2001 is silly, the hardware is fine for high tracks counts especially if they ever get around to streaming audio tracks from disc, it's not impossible, MOTU and others were doing it back then, with modern HD's and SSD's there's literally no problem here IMO, it's just AKAI's software that needs tweaking.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am
For instance. FlowMotion symth from Waves. Here are the specs:

"CPU
Intel Core i5 / i7 / Xeon

Memory
8 GB RAM
8 GB free disk space on the system drive

Operating System
10.11.6 - 10.14

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1280x960
Recommended: 1280x1024 / 1600x1024
USB displays are not supported as the primary display

Support for Visually Impaired Users
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
VoiceOver Utility enabled
Pro Tools 12.7
Logic 10.3.1
Please note: Waves Central and preset "

Try running any of their joints on 2gb ram. I have 8 plugins from them. people want want these types if s.ynths and effects. No plugin specs read 2gb ram as a minimum on this planet.

When your doing cues the music ditector wants all music in midi in case they have change a note. They don't deal with audio its not flexible. Each midi has 8 waves plugin on it. Talking 55 tracks, your computer better be more than 2gb ram. I like audio to print the plugins l had on the track from mimida track to free up some space.
By hansjbs Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:23 pm
Holly s--- this thing has gotten way off topic. You guys are discussing stuff that the mpc live and X standalone was not suppose to do. I don't think akai intended for the hardware to do all this. @maschinesworking is correct. People and studios have blown out pcs because they're running plugins which require all that. You can achieve it in controller mode with mpc software. Go ahead and build the PC of your dream. Don't ask akai to build a hardware that's gonna be worth twice the price. Let them fix what's needed and add what's needed. This back and forth is going nowhere and off topic.
By omegatron Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm
I didn't want to say it but yeah way off topic, im really happy with my live tbh, okay the time stretch sounds a bit off in standalone mode but in nearly every other sense it's the box I've been waiting years to arrive, better specs would be lovely but I'm pretty sure the price tag would take it out of my league financially.. I'm just happy to have a box I can more or less complete a track on whilst sat in bed or on the couch or at my desk on a lunch break :worthy:
Bymember04959388 Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:12 pm
omegatron wrote:I didn't want to say it but yeah way off topic, im really happy with my live tbh, okay the time stretch sounds a bit off in standalone mode but in nearly every other sense it's the box I've been waiting years to arrive, better specs would be lovely but I'm pretty sure the price tag would take it out of my league financially.. I'm just happy to have a box I can more or less complete a track on whilst sat in bed or on the couch or at my desk on a lunch break :worthy:

Yes same here, I am happy with my Live.
But they day I will be able to use decent Phasers or Flangers on some tracks, I will be even more happy.
The day I will be able to have a stereo reverb I will sell my external one.
The day I will have a modulation matrix I will jump for happiness.
Akai rules.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Considering there is not much information about the APC LIVE. Tangents are going to happen. In some case it's all relevant to the APC LIVE.

Question: Why not ask Akai Pro to build a monster MPC? If you are concerned about price then it's not for you. The fact of the matter is, most people want to do more with the LIVE and X. But considering the hardware limitations, it's not possible. People and Studios have blown out computer, because it makes the job easier. I bet the team who is does the code the MPC Software, is not using a 1996 computer, to do it. :lol:

As for the APC LIVE once more information is released, I'm sure the conversation will straighten itself out. I suggest people read, because in this conversation there's lots of good information to apply to our productions. It's not about being Right, it's about exchanging information. Also with this new Akai Pro APC form factor, it has people wondering what will be added.

The APC LIVE may render the MPC LIVE useless, minus the MIDI ins/outs!

hansjbs wrote:Holly s--- this thing has gotten way off topic. You guys are discussing stuff that the mpc live and X standalone was not suppose to do. I don't think akai intended for the hardware to do all this. @maschinesworking is correct. People and studios have blown out pcs because they're running plugins which require all that. You can achieve it in controller mode with mpc software. Go ahead and build the PC of your dream. Don't ask akai to build a hardware that's gonna be worth twice the price. Let them fix what's needed and add what's needed. This back and forth is going nowhere and off topic.
Bymember04959388 Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:07 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Considering there is not much information about the APC LIVE. Tangents are going to happen. In some case it's all relevant to the APC LIVE.

Question: Why not ask Akai Pro to build a monster MPC? If you are concerned about price then it's not for you. The fact of the matter is, most people want to do more with the LIVE and X. But considering the hardware limitations, it's not possible. People and Studios have blown out computer, because it makes the job easier. I bet the team who is does the code the MPC Software, is not using a 1996 computer, to do it. :lol:

As for the APC LIVE once more information is released, I'm sure the conversation will straighten itself out. I suggest people read, because in this conversation there's lots of good information to apply to our productions. It's not about being Right, it's about exchanging information. Also with this new Akai Pro APC form factor, it has people wondering what will be added.

hansjbs wrote:Holly s--- this thing has gotten way off topic. You guys are discussing stuff that the mpc live and X standalone was not suppose to do. I don't think akai intended for the hardware to do all this. @maschinesworking is correct. People and studios have blown out pcs because they're running plugins which require all that. You can achieve it in controller mode with mpc software. Go ahead and build the PC of your dream. Don't ask akai to build a hardware that's gonna be worth twice the price. Let them fix what's needed and add what's needed. This back and forth is going nowhere and off topic.

I think Apc and Mpc will be the same device but with two different layers.
I think Akai will see what will be preferred by customers and develop that in future cpu upgrade.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 pm
Eeaaamgh not really off topic but l digress.

Im not talking about a PC lm talking about STANDALONE and how people want to beef up the new machines like a computer and not be tied to a computer. We already know what a computer can dude.

hansjbs wrote:Holly s--- this thing has gotten way off topic. You guys are 1discussing stuff that the mpc live and X standalone was not suppose to do. I don't think akai intended for the hardware to do all this. @maschinesworking is correct. People and studios have blown out pcs because they're running plugins which require all that. You can achieve it in controller mode with mpc software. Go ahead and build the PC of your dream. Don't ask akai to build a hardware that's gonna be worth twice the price. Let them fix what's needed and add what's needed. This back and forth is going nowhere and off topic.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 pm
Me to l love my live but t is no whete near where it could be. Our internal effects should of been better than the Air effects or match it.

:worthy:

Frisbi wrote:Yes same here, I am happy with my Live.
But they day I will be able to use decent Phasers or Flangers on some tracks, I will be even more happy.
The day I will be able to have a stereo reverb I will sell my external one.
The day I will have a modulation matrix I will jump for happiness.
Akai rules.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:41 pm
I hope the APC works for people, but me I will not be counting on that piece nor switch out cause it can do certain things the MPC live doesn't. Like Charles said we shall see what happens, I won't be in that convo cause I won't have it and watch the convo from a far.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Considering there is not much information about the APC LIVE. Tangents are going to happen. In some case it's all relevant to the APC LIVE.

Question: Why not ask Akai Pro to build a monster MPC? If you are concerned about price then it's not for you.

The fact of the matter is, most people want to do more with the LIVE and X. But considering the hardware limitations, it's not possible. People and Studios have blown out computer, because it makes the job easier. I bet the team who is does the code the MPC Software, is not using a 1996 computer, to do it. :lol:

By Cclong Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm
Danoc wrote:
Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING! I would love to record exclusively on my Live, and I know there are those with the X that would love to also. I mean look at the X, that should be an all in all music studio stop. That dam thing should be the Beast of all drum machine beast! If you wanted to, with the X you should never have to turn on the PC if you didn't want to. Everything should be in that. It should be your Music studio/PC all in one. That would be so nice, and the Live would be my portable Beast. Pop it in a bag and go! USB a 49/25 midi keyboard anywhere in the world and make hits! Lets stop being irrational about power for these machines.

The more Power you have the more you can do and put down any complex idea. You want to be confident that you can do a lot when doing music and not feeling like if you put to much here or there your computer will blow the hell up!
Give me the most for my machine and no glitches and we are good! :smoker: 8)

Danoc ... do you even know what disk streaming is ? It makes it so you dont have to load audio files into the active RAM, making it available for use on tools that require it for computing.

Disk streaming would make it possible to have your 128 audio tracks (as audio tracks dont run in active captute as you cant add LFOs or time stretching. Calm down and learn about audio technology and maybe this will be a productive conversation about the hardware. Im certainly not bugging : BM3 has unlimited audio tracks and runs smoothly on 2gb hardware. You are the one bugging , and this all reminds me of macho dick-size RAM posturing . Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.
By Cclong Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:18 pm
Danoc wrote:For instance. FlowMotion symth from Waves. Here are the specs:

"CPU
Intel Core i5 / i7 / Xeon

Memory
8 GB RAM
8 GB free disk space on the system drive

Operating System
10.11.6 - 10.14

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1280x960
Recommended: 1280x1024 / 1600x1024
USB displays are not supported as the primary display

Support for Visually Impaired Users
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
VoiceOver Utility enabled
Pro Tools 12.7
Logic 10.3.1
Please note: Waves Central and preset "

Try running any of their joints on 2gb ram. I have 8 plugins from them. people want want these types if s.ynths and effects. No plugin specs read 2gb ram as a minimum on this planet.

When your doing cues the music ditector wants all music in midi in case they have change a note. They don't deal with audio its not flexible. Each midi has 8 waves plugin on it. Talking 55 tracks, your computer better be more than 2gb ram. I like audio to print the plugins l had on the track from mimida track to free up some space.

*Watches 19H1 come out at the same time Danica get power PC. Says “I told you so!!!” Without understanding understanding with an FLS slot is, or how Microsoft has just completely revamped the kernel to better allocate CPU and memory to DLL files.
By Cclong Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm
I will also say that I am running a test flight of 19H1 and it is remarkable how much better vsts run. On my 8gb (ooh wow say what ) machine , I have gotten 20+ instances of sugar bytes plugins in various combos running without the CPU going over 60%. It’s remarkable.
By Danoc Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 pm
Yes l know.

Let me ask you a question did YOU read where l said disk streaming is dope? Had you read that you would not have asked me that nonsensical question!

Cclong wrote:
Danoc wrote:
Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that. Then we talking about vocals? Man the guy that said you don't need more than 2gb is BUGGING! I would love to record exclusively on my Live, and I know there are those with the X that would love to also. I mean look at the X, that should be an all in all music studio stop. That dam thing should be the Beast of all drum machine beast! If you wanted to, with the X you should never have to turn on the PC if you didn't want to. Everything should be in that. It should be your Music studio/PC all in one. That would be so nice, and the Live would be my portable Beast. Pop it in a bag and go! USB a 49/25 midi keyboard anywhere in the world and make hits! Lets stop being irrational about power for these machines.

The more Power you have the more you can do and put down any complex idea. You want to be confident that you can do a lot when doing music and not feeling like if you put to much here or there your computer will blow the hell up!
Give me the most for my machine and no glitches and we are good! :smoker: 8)

Danoc ... do you even know what disk streaming is ? It makes it so you dont have to load audio files into the active RAM, making it available for use on tools that require it for computing.

Disk streaming would make it possible to have your 128 audio tracks (as audio tracks dont run in active captute as you cant add LFOs or time stretching. Calm down and learn about audio technology and maybe this will be a productive conversation about the hardware. Im certainly not bugging : BM3 has unlimited audio tracks and runs smoothly on 2gb hardware. You are the one bugging , and this all reminds me of macho dick-size RAM posturing . Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.