Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By metalfingers Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm
Wanted to know if this has been done before and if so how would i go about doing it. So i use a 2500 love it, but been wanting to use the effects of an sp303 or 404. Is it possible to make a beat on the 2500 and also somehow connect or link the sp303 to be able to utilize the effects it has and apply them to the 2500?

if so any info would be much appreciated!
By Menco Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 am
Many people use the SP303/404 for this purpose. You can either sample back and forth, or use it more as a traditional FX units by routing sounds from the MPC2500’s assignable outs thru the SP303/404 into your mixer/ interface, or back into your MPC. There is plenty of info on this subject around the web on forums and Youtube.
By metalfingers Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 am
Menco wrote:Many people use the SP303/404 for this purpose. You can either sample back and forth, or use it more as a traditional FX units by routing sounds from the MPC2500’s assignable outs thru the SP303/404 into your mixer/ interface, or back into your MPC. There is plenty of info on this subject around the web on forums and Youtube.

Interesting, well i clearly have been living under a rock. I have seen pictures of people using an sp with various mpc's but could never find any info on what wire goes where. I mainly wanted the 404 for the effects, i feel it would add flavor to my beats where as the mpc by itself doesn't have those effects.

p.s. - referring to my other post you commented on, i sent the mpc off to get repaired so should have it back soon
By Menco Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:41 pm
One of the first videos I found after searching for 'MPC and SP404':

Must basically answer all of your questions.

Let me know when your MPC is back and up and running.
By metalfingers Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 am
Menco wrote:One of the first videos I found after searching for 'MPC and SP404':

definitely a very informative video and that's pretty much how i'd like to use them together, only thing is it still doesn't show what wires go where to set it up i keep hearing "it's easy etc" which is probably true but im not that savvy with wiring up multiple machines to work together. Im surprised through every search i do there's no photo diags. of how ppl have theirs setup

also on the mpc i should know something by wed/thurs. im curious as to what the issue is i'll definitely let you know
By richie Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:56 am
metalfingers wrote:Wanted to know if this has been done before

No one has ever used the SP303 or SP404 with the MPC 2500.
By Menco Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 am
metalfingers wrote:
Menco wrote:One of the first videos I found after searching for 'MPC and SP404':

definitely a very informative video and that's pretty much how i'd like to use them together, only thing is it still doesn't show what wires go where to set it up i keep hearing "it's easy etc" which is probably true but im not that savvy with wiring up multiple machines to work together. Im surprised through every search i do there's no photo diags. of how ppl have theirs setup

also on the mpc i should know something by wed/thurs. im curious as to what the issue is i'll definitely let you know

Have you even watched the video? At the 2 minute mark the vlogger clearly tells and shows you what kind of cable you have to use and where to plug it in. Together with my suggestions in my previous post you should be able to set it up correctly.
By metalfingers Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 am
I did, and i see that part, but then he says his outputs but i don't see a visual of where those cables go, that's what i meant, i learn better with a picture of what goes where. Most pictures I've found i just see are a ton of wires with said machines (SP404 and mpc) but no detail as to where the wires go. I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Some learn visual, hearing or reading manual i need a picture haha. When i use my mpc i have the stereo in/out running directly each krk monitor so that's pretty simple. the sp is just a bit different to me thats all.
By richie Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am
It is impossible to do.

It is also impossible for someone to run cables from the main out of the MPC 2500 to the line in on the SP303/SP404 and then use the line out on the SP to whatever mixer or preamp they are using.

It's just simply impossible to do.
By metalfingers Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:01 pm
richie wrote:
metalfingers wrote:Wanted to know if this has been done before

No one has ever used the SP303 or SP404 with the MPC 2500.

sarcasm? i asked for help not sarcasm, excuse me for being new to this