Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ant aggs Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 am
Hi!
I'm sorry if this has already been posted..

I can't find the metronome count-in anywhere in my JJOS..

Anyone know where it really is?

Thanks,

Ant
By ant aggs Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 am
Pimp_Mantle wrote:You tried F2-Click/Metronome ?

Thanks for replying!

It does say at top left :

Count in: REC ONLY

I have this set to YES, but it when I press Record + PLAY, there is no count-in.
Nor is there an option to set a 1-bar or 2-bar count in.

Does it sound like I'm just not seeing something? Also own an MPC Studio and had a 2000XL for years so I am familiar with MPC's.
Last edited by ant aggs on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Pimp_Mantle Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 am
Strange! You dont have it synced to some other device? You still can record normal without count in?
By ant aggs Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 am
Pimp_Mantle wrote:Strange! You dont have it synced to some other device? You still can record normal without count in?

Would syncing to another device change the ability to have a count-in?

Can you see a count in option on your JJ-OS?

I have midi in and out to a Kronos.
By Pimp_Mantle Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:44 am
Syncing to another device should not change the ability to have it unless it slaved to something i guess.
I see the same count in-options under click/metronome. Am on JJOSXL 2500.

I would try disconnect all midi and reinstall the OS, make sure I have the latest update and hold the erase/taptempo button before switch it on again. Maybe even try AkaiOS before to make sure its not hardware problem.
And you tried push rec+playstart also?
By Bugfix Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 am
jeez, don't affraid of pressing buttons (it will not launch any missiles) and spin the wheel where it's saying REC ONLY - there are "hidden options" ... as hidden as your friendly MANUAL.............

ant aggs wrote:
Pimp_Mantle wrote:You tried F2-Click/Metronome ?

Thanks for replying!

It does say at top left :

Count in: REC ONLY

I have this set to YES, but it when I press Record + PLAY, there is no count-in.
Nor is there an option to set a 1-bar or 2-bar count in.

Does it sound like I'm just not seeing something? Also own an MPC Studio and had a 2000XL for years so I am familiar with MPC's.
By Grump Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:54 am
I looked around and I didn't see any option. Is there an option to use a 2-bar count-in, or just the 1?