Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Beatscaper Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:20 pm
Thanks for stopping by. I'm having trouble trying to get my 2k to recognize this MO drive. Model is Deltis Olympus Optical 230MO. The only disk I have for it is a SonyMO 128mb Mac formatted disk. Yesterday I got it to work and went to format the disk, however, the write protect was engaged on the disk so it didn't format, and I had to leave. So everything was powered down. I got home later and tried again. I couldn't get no love.

I have tried the drive on scsi 4 and scsi 5. When accessing the disk menu, when the MO drive is selected, I will get the scsi not ready prompt. If I say, turn the jog wheel to scsi 3 pop in the disk then turn to scsi 4 (which the device is on) it will say wait as though it is reading the disk then it will display the "scsi not ready" prompt. It is terminated as well. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.

Do I have a bad drive?, a bad cable?, bad scsi fuse?, do I need to configure something on the drive itself? is there a loose jumper internally? Any ideas? :? ....distortedtekno, you still around to offer any advice?
By Beatscaper Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:13 pm
Sorry on the delay. I ended up taking it apart. When I took it apart I could here some rattling in it. The rattling ended up being a busted off smd capacitor....I ended up replacing the busted off cap with a new one. Still gave me the same errors I have been getting. I'm betting it's now safe to say that the drive is trash. Gonna buy a new one and try that. Thanks again for your time.