Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jaymoung Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:35 pm
Wondering what’s a used renaissance selling for in 2018? I like the old school feel you get with the ren vs a modern feel of the touch. Looking to buy one or the other. But I see the ren can only be purchased used. Any advice would be great.
By DevoOnDaBeat Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:29 am
Why's good, Jaymoung!?

I see some ranging from $400 & up. I was literally just looking at one on eBay for $511. However, I have the Ren and I've had it for about a year now, but its way too much for me. Actually considering selling mine for s'thing with a smaller footprint. I also have the 25-key mpk mk2, and I use it way more than my MP whether I use Logic, Reason or even the MPC software. My Ten is in the box as I type this, taped shut, ready to ship.

I'm more into keyboards because I like to have range and full control, as I like to play with both hands on the 'board. I'm still debating on selling my Ren though, even though I'd rather just have a bigger mpk 'board.

Overall, a good board/controller and a good interface are fine with me. I make it work.