Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By hellnegative Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Has anyone been able to confirm that the Akai Force does everything that the MPC Live does as well?
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm
No. Force doesn't make the coffee.
By Danoc Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm
hellnegative wrote:Has anyone been able to confirm that the Akai Force does everything that the MPC Live does as well?

It may do some things but don't look for it to be another MPC live.

MPC live makes coffee? Why the crap wasn't l told. Dam l got a glitch then lol
By kaydigi Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 pm
hellnegative wrote:Has anyone been able to confirm that the Akai Force does everything that the MPC Live does as well?

St joe is going to namm with a list of questions. Right now it looks like some of the chopping features are missing mainly Lazy chop and pad slice.

It’s also not clear on how the Force records the clip launching. Is there an arraignment view? It may have been said but I missed it.

What other export options are there besides ableton project export? 2 track stereo... track stems.

It also seems like you can run 16 audio tracks if you need.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:04 pm
Danoc wrote:

It may do some things but don't look for it to be another MPC live.

MPC live makes coffee? Why the **** wasn't l told. Dam l got a glitch then lol

Yes you can connect a usb coffee machine on Live.
Also on Force, but it just makes a very weak coffee then
By Danoc Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 pm
LOL oh dammmm

Frisbi wrote:
Yes you can connect a usb coffee machine on Live.
Also on Force, but it just makes a very weak coffee then
By alexbuga Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm
Force doesn't record any performance yet. Which sucks. So no Ableton in a box yet.

Geoff from Akai replied to one of my questions.

You can track the main outs or export a Live Set.

I guess that's coming, but as it is right now it's not worth that amout of money.

Also he said NO BATTERY and it's a bit bigger than push 2.

I'm sticking to MPC Live to see what they'll bring in the future update and meanwhile keep making music on my Deluge. That RECORDS TO ARRANGEMENT :))
By Danoc Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:31 pm
I can say this is a quite nice video on it.

Bymember04959388 Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:50 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
alexbuga wrote:Force doesn't record any performance yet. Which sucks. So no Ableton in a box yet.

So if you perform on the pads in standalone, there's no way to record that performance to an internal MIDI sequencer?

If it's so, then Force is quite useless.
I mean, if they want to conquer Ableton users, there must be an arrangement mode, otherwise better to stay on Mpc or Ableton.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Danoc wrote:I can say this is a quite nice video on it.

He works for or with Akai Pro, you can't trust that review. It's a conflict of interest. The fact he says nothing about how it works with software, midi, software bugs, work flow issues, input/outputs, what it's missing, etc etc. Reviewer should not be connected to the company or have a working relationship with them.

This is a DEMO just like his Akai Fire Demos.
By zangetsu01 Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:12 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:He works for or with Akai Pro, you can't trust that review. It's a conflict of interest. The fact he says nothing about how it works with software, midi, software bugs, work flow issues, input/outputs, what it's missing, etc etc. Reviewer should not be connected to the company or have a working relationship with them.

This is a DEMO just like his Akai Fire Demos.

I agree.. First saying that he doesn't get paid and stuff.. But I'm sure that's all in the script.. :popcorn:
By kaydigi Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 pm
alexbuga wrote:Force doesn't record any performance yet. Which sucks. So no Ableton in a box yet.

I'm sticking to MPC Live to see what they'll bring in the future update and meanwhile keep making music on my Deluge. That RECORDS TO ARRANGEMENT :))

Please tell me your joking, you can’t record your arraignment? Your only way is to ableton export?

It doesn’t even come with ableton lite (lol).

Every preview does not mention you can’t record your clip launch arraignment.

That’s nuts, will have to cancel my preorder after st joe goes to namm.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:17 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

So if you perform on the pads in standalone, there's no way to record that performance to an internal MIDI sequencer?

But this...... in Masada's vid.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:24 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I agree.. First saying that he doesn't get paid and stuff.. But I'm sure that's all in the script.. :popcorn:

It's good he disclosed it, but he's still getting paid via free gear and future opportunities.