Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By d2ba Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 pm
Hi there i can get a ex demo MPC-X with warranty for same price as an Akai Force (Preorder of course)
Should i wait for the Force ?
My requirements are working in the box and not limited by 4 bars like the Pioneers and Elektrons.
Song mode or Arrangement mode (Ableton Akai Force) is a must.
Don't care about soft synths or any of that nonsense --its all about vinyl sampling for me
Bymember04959388 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:18 am
If its for sampling, go for Mpc.
If its for clip launching, go for Force.
I have Mpc Live, I bought it because I wanted an advanced sampler and I am very happy with it.
But of course Force looks promising, isn't it?
Ok my solution is: buy a Live (which is much cheaper then X) and a Force.
Ah ah.
By Danoc Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:08 am
Are you planning on recording vocals in the MPCx? Are you planning on using CV? If you're going for sampling go for the Mpc Live. Like Frisbi said. I got mines for $959 l am sure you can find a discount for lower priced and be happy. I was going to get the X then l thought about it. I bgot the Live. I am very happpy
By d2ba Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 am
Thank you but I prefer the MPC-X or Force as i have a modular . The only vox i would ever use is off vinyl
By machinesworking Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:37 am
d2ba wrote:Hi there i can get a ex demo MPC-X with warranty for same price as an Akai Force (Preorder of course)
Should i wait for the Force ?
My requirements are working in the box and not limited by 4 bars like the Pioneers and Elektrons.
Song mode or Arrangement mode (Ableton Akai Force) is a must.
Don't care about soft synths or any of that nonsense --its all about vinyl sampling for me

The part in bold, if you can't wait an undetermined amount of time, go with the X.
The Force is being shipped with software that has no Song mode. The X already has one.
In the next couple months or ten, the MPC software the Force, X and Live all run on will be getting a Song mode that will be compatible with all of them, but if you need it now, it's not a good idea to get the Force yet.

On the other hand if you already own ableton Live, and are comfortable using it, the Force is going to work in Controller mode as a front end for Live soon. Sample in the Force, export to Ableton, etc.

Those are your choices as I see it.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 am
d2ba wrote:Don't care about soft synths or any of that nonsense --its all about vinyl sampling for me

If your goal is to create full blown compositions get the MPC X.
If your goal is to have a real time, live device get the Force.

I'm sure there are work around for the song mode, on the Force. But we have to wait around until, it's in the hands of the end user. So it really comes down to your price and how much time you can wait.

As far the no arranger or song mode, you have to use the force like guitarist does a guitar. If you want to track out/record your songs, you have to do the arrangement yourself. :nod:
By sinik Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 am
i would hold on and see how the force is gonna live up to it's hype.

somebody who played it at namm said, that the shift+pad workflow is akward and that there are still severall things missing and stuff like sample chopping or workflows are to be discovered. all of that can change due release or not even bother you at all but still...

it's best to wait for user-reviews and then check it out at store where you can actually play it before u buy.

when they dropped the mpc live – it sure wasn't ready to hit the market..
By J-Fly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 pm
I'm a MPC Live owner and I will be getting the Akai Force because it meshes better with my workflow. But I can't see someone turning down a MPC X for such a good deal. Could you try the MPC X out while monitoring the feedback of Akai Force users? I don't think it would hurt and you could always sell it later if you want to move on the the Force. The MPC X is an amazing upgrade from the MPC Live but not portable.
By kaydigi Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:49 pm
Get the X, no song mode in the force as of now. It’s baffling that it couldn’t even ship with the current mpc list song mode .

Force looks fantastic outside of the song mode issue, Dan confirmed that all the mpc sample edit slicing modes are in the force minus a few caveats.

If I was in you shoes though I would get the X.
By d2ba Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 pm
Thank you all Im picking up the MPC-X today. the big screen and song mode -was the winner for me
By Unreallystic Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:03 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Eh, I always go with the new. Get the Force, pat yourself on the back and say **** these bitches!

Just co-signing this. Anything with pads, I prefer getting new, some people drum hard as f##k and wear that stuff down. Once you start throwing in registration and software it becomes even more frustrating.
- Unreall
By Unreallystic Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:06 pm
kaydigi wrote:Get the X, no song mode in the force as of now. It’s baffling that it couldn’t even ship with the current mpc list song mode .

Force looks fantastic outside of the song mode issue, Dan confirmed that all the mpc sample edit slicing modes are in the force minus a few caveats.

The song mode thing really baffles me too. I'm assuming that something in line with it will come down the pipeline quickly, on one hand the live looper/DJ aspect of music for me is thrilled by the setup of the Force, but the straight up musician in me sitting on like 15 album ideas (barely an exaggeration) loves the build of the Force, but doesn't think "it will get the job done" the way I want.
-Unreall
By kaydigi Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:57 pm
Unreallystic wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Get the X, no song mode in the force as of now. It’s baffling that it couldn’t even ship with the current mpc list song mode .

The song mode thing really baffles me too. I'm assuming that something in line with it will come down the pipeline quickly, on one hand the live looper/DJ aspect of music for me is thrilled by the setup of the Force, but the straight up musician in me sitting on like 15 album ideas (barely an exaggeration) loves the build of the Force, but doesn't think "it will get the job done" the way I want.
-Unreall

Still flip flopping on the force pre order. It ticks so many boxes, but I think I’m going to cancel it. When it gets a song mode I’ll look at it again.

I spent most of the studio time yesterday just using clip programs in the Live and touch. I haven’t used it since the launch of the Live. I didn’t know you could export sequences to clips , so when 2.4 drops I’ll try to incorporate it into my song structure.