Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Beatscaper Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:30 pm
My 2k has been giving me headaches as of recent. SCSI headaches. I can save for the most part with no problems. However, it's the loading that is killing me.

I am constantly getting scsi read errors while trying to load my APS file. It has no problem loading these files individually though. The problem with that being is I don't exactly remember what sounds I had on every pad, as well as being time consuming. Any ideas?

Also, I can't remeber off hand, but doesn't it take a while for the zip disk to format? When I'm trying to format some old disks, when I press the format button it happens instantaneous. Shouldn't it take some time? Maybe bad disks or drive?

I have a new fuse, was thinking about swapping it out. But was maybe seeing if someone thinks this is a drive, disk issue and not the fuse itself.
By JUKE 179r Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:13 am
Beatscaper wrote:Well, if anyone gives a rats ass. I just swapped out the scsi fuses and no problem loading! :-D ...Time to celebrate... :smoker:

Thanks for replying back.
Good to know for other 2K owners who might have this same problem in the future.