MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By A100Drumz Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 pm
Anyone else 2.3.0 crashing anytime a VST (sometimes only specific ones) is loaded on an effects channel?? Halftime i know for sure almost always makes the DAW crash.

This never happened before on any version update prior to 2.3.0

If this is not common could i have done something incorrectly during the installation phase??
By chambeau Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:42 pm
It's a bug.

Been like that since day 1 too. Akai hasn't even officially acknowledged it yet either. The only workaround is to use the software without the hardware attached. I thought they would have released a fix by now, but looking at their site Akai appears to have released some new fancy piece of hardware.

I hope they can fix this issue because it really makes them look bad.
By optik415 Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:30 pm
Ive had alot of probs with VSTs on the MPC Software which is why im only using it standalone for now
By tremayne Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 pm
I'm on 2.3 software and use halftime a lot and It never crashes. Have you updated to the latest version of halftime? Also, i want to note that I'm using the software only with a 2000xl so maybe the issue has to do more with the connection to the controller. Try running just the software by itself and opening halftime and see if it still crashes.
By A100Drumz Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:59 am
Yes, i have reported the issue, i want to say 2 or 3 times so far.

Also, yes i think it does have to do with the hardware. If i disconnect the hardware and restart the software i am able to add VST's perfectly fine and even save them and reconnect the hardware and it will run fine.

I have not reported this aspect yet but im about to do so now.
By EnochLight Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:36 pm
A100Drumz wrote:i just saw on their IG page that they have an new update (2.4) "coming soon" .. hopefully by this weekend and hopefully it contains the bug fixes for this issue.

Well, it's almost April 2019 and 2.4 also crashes when loading the included Air VST effects on the effects channel. I'm using an MPC Touch. :WTF: :Sigh:

Is anyone at Akai taking this seriously? This should have been caught and fixed in beta testing many times over...