Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
Bymember04959388 Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:40 am
eclipxe wrote:Sorry frisbi- do you mean from MPC projects loaded on the Force - does it retain Qlink assignments?

Yes I mean, if I load a Mpc project in Force, do I still have all my qlinks assigned as I made it in mpc project, so I don't have to make it again?
And the sends also?
So If I open the project in Force, I don't lose any setting I made with Mpc?
By Marketdog Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:29 am
what about wavetables for complex sounds if I attach a midi keyboard? do we have something like serum to work with? this will also be ableton controller for what i understand. If it had wavetables i'd be very interested so i could use it truly standalone!
By Smackdee Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 am
Marketdog wrote:what about wavetables for complex sounds if I attach a midi keyboard? do we have something like serum to work with? this will also be ableton controller for what i understand. If it had wavetables i'd be very interested so i could use it truly standalone!

The new Hype synth has wavetables
By godlike Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:46 pm
I wonder if Force will work in conjunction with the MPC X or Live (in controller mode) similar to how Maschine Jam works with Maschine MK2/Studio?
By eclipxe Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 pm
Wave tables not editable.

I was wrong on the 20s sample limit. You can just tap that field and change it - goes up to 15 minutes.

Also warping in keygroups seems to be there. Need to double check tonight.
By starcadian Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Hey all!

This machine is looking more and more enticing by the minute, but I'm starting to get a little confused by all the disk streaming talk, can anyone please clarify this for me before I take the plunge?
If I wanted to use this on occasion for live backing tracks, I could theoretically only load up 500MB (or whatever amount of the 2GB RAM is allocatable) worth of MP3s at any time? That would also mean if I maxed that out, I basically would be unable to add effects on top of it, no? That sounds pretty limiting as far as the DJ aspect they're pushing goes.
Of course that would affect my song creation too, but I can learn how to work within limitations when song creating, playback seems more of an issue in my aforementioned DJ use.
I'd appreciate any heads up on this!
By d2ba Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:02 pm
Is the top made of metal like MPC-X or Rubber like MPC-Live?
By eclipxe Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 pm
starcadian wrote:Hey all!

This machine is looking more and more enticing by the minute, but I'm starting to get a little confused by all the disk streaming talk, can anyone please clarify this for me before I take the plunge?
If I wanted to use this on occasion for live backing tracks, I could theoretically only load up 500MB (or whatever amount of the 2GB RAM is allocatable) worth of MP3s at any time? That would also mean if I maxed that out, I basically would be unable to add effects on top of it, no? That sounds pretty limiting as far as the DJ aspect they're pushing goes.
Of course that would affect my song creation too, but I can learn how to work within limitations when song creating, playback seems more of an issue in my aforementioned DJ use.
I'd appreciate any heads up on this!

Any audio you load gets converted to raw WAV - so 500MB of MPC would mean about 10 total songs....but! That's in memory at once. You can load up a file, launch it, unload other files and load more from the HD. Apparently the RAM management and garbage collection is improved - so you can definitely have a large library on your HD that you swap in and out during a set...