Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By jokas Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:18 pm
Hi Guys,
after many hours of trying and reading, i still need to solve a problem that makes me crazy. So I need to ask a question here.

I use my mpc studio as a logic plugin an it works fine.
Now I like to add some logic instruments, especially thru a midi arp, triggered by the mpc sequenzer.

My idea is: Simply add a track on the mpc which is of type MIDI and fetch it on the selected channel by the logic instrument track.

The Problem: I didn't receive any midi signals I recorded on my mpc midi track.

Is there a known problem with sending this signal to logic over the usb connection, or do I need so set some special settings?

It would be great to get some help from here.
By 83dude Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:34 pm
- go to Utilities folder (CMD+Shift+U) in Finder
- start Audio MIDI Setup
- bring up the MIDI window
- click IAC twice
- activate it
- add one bus (or more) and name them conveniently

Now you should have a virtual MIDI port that you can use internally just like any MIDI input/output. Select it as MIDI output in MPC Software and send your MIDI track to that, and Logic should pick it up. Change the channel in both MPC Software and the Logic track if necessary and you should be good to go. I am not sure if this works in plugin mode, might be better to use the MPC standalone and sync it via MIDI Clock with Logic.
By greavous420 Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:31 pm
83dude wrote:- go to Utilities folder (CMD+Shift+U) in Finder
- start Audio MIDI Setup
- click IAC twice
- activate it

Now you should have a virtual MIDI port that you can use internally just like any MIDI input/output. Select it as MIDI output in MPC Software and send your MIDI track to that, and Logic should pick it up. Change the channel in both MPC Software and the Logic track if necessary and you should be good to go. I am not sure if this works in plugin mode, might be better to use the MPC standalone and sync it via MIDI Clock with Logic.

Damn. Never knew about that. I went for a different option of resolving this issue and moved from Logic to Reaper as my DAW which made a lot of things easier in general.
By Bezo Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm
Pardon the re-up.
83dude wrote:- go to Utilities folder (CMD+Shift+U) in Finder
- start Audio MIDI Setup
- click IAC twice
- activate it

I thought Logic/AU Plugins couldn't send MIDI Out. Am I understanding this correctly as a work around for that limitation?
By no moroon Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:08 am
Hey there,

I´m completly new to the MPC world and messed up with the same problem.
My setup is mainly Logic Pro X latest version and MPC Studio black with 2.3 Software on MAC OS Sierra.

The MPC 2.3 Software manual says, that in Plugin In Mode the only possible MIDI OUT Port is "DAW" wich opens the question: where does the midi Signal from the MPC plugin go? I haven´t found a way to catch that up in Logic :-(

Then I thought about usig "rewire" ... but shit ...

Then this workaround comes in mind: Logic and MPC in Standalone ... Syncing both via MIDI and sending MIDI-Data via IAC-Driver from and audio from the MPC via DANTE VIA to Logic ....

Haven´t tried it out yet but I guess it´ll add some latency...

Now I´m thinking to sending back the MPC Studio and leaving the MPC World

... live could be so easy :-(

:hmmm: