MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 am
Please post up your MPC 2.4/2.5 Bug Reports here.

External disk related system freezing: need to check this more as it might just be a coincidental issue with my disk, but since upgrading to 2.4 I've experienced system freezes during operations involving a connected USB 3.0 disk (exfat). So far it's happened upon initially going to the Browser > Expansions screen, and when initially saving a project. However, seems random and have not been able to replicate on demand.

Patched Phrase: Despite selecting 24 bit for all bounced audio in preferences, patch phrase files (originally made from 24 bit wavs) are still converted to 16 bit.

Air FX Gui: No nice graphical GUI in the MPC Software for any of the new FX, only text/red sliders. Pete has confirmed that the missing MPC Software GUI for Air FX is as intended, but will be 'refined' over time.
By Fanu Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Air FX Gui: No nice graphical GUI in the MPC Software for any of the new FX, only text/red sliders. Pete has confirmed that the missing MPC Software GUI for Air FX is as intended, but will be 'refined' over time.

This is just weird, considering they're running 100% the same software.
By quietizkept Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am
In the software, I can't tell that Mother Ducker is doing anything. Without a GUI I can't tell exactly how much gain reduction is actually happening, it sounds like none.
By nicolasbulb Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 am
Okay, 2.4 is a really nice update, especially for Air FX and the fixed Clip Mode program. Nice one Akai.
But Suddenly, I've discovered a strange behavior, with my MPC Live, I'm hooked to the Q-Link press&hold function to quickly see what are the parameters but before 2.4, I remember I've had the ability to choose the different tabs as well, like Project, Program, Pad scene, Pad parameters and screen.
I can't see it in 2.4 anymore???

Is it intended by Akai or a bug?

Very strange.

Thanks.
By nicolasbulb Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 pm
That's what I think too about the intentional UI. But when switching QLinks scenes via the link edit icon, it won't switch back to the previous screen you were before. You have to switch back manually, adding some extra brain muscle. The new behavior with Screen scene allows the ability to switch from tab to tab while staying in the QLink environment. It could be useful for quick Program Editing.
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:09 pm
Hello there,

I'm experiencing a crazy issue on at most of my mpc 2.3 saved project. Basically the mpc live crashes randomly when advancing to another sequence. The issue happens randomly on various sequences. Both from next sequence mode or if I do that from the main page.

So here's the situation and the fix attempts:

The project has 6 tracks / 8 sequences

1 Drum program, 2 Virtual instruments (electric + tube), 2 key groups (made with autosampler from external synths).
Very simple project in few words. Max CPU peak 34%.

1. Tried switching off and on Wifi / Bluetooth connection. Problem persists.
2. Tried to remove the virtual instruments. Problem persists.
3. Tried to rebuild a new project importing the sequences and the programs previously saved on the side. Problem persists.
4. Repeated the OS update. Problem persists.

At this stage I REALLY hope someone from Akai will jump into this thread and give me some hints before I move on to plan B and get rid of the MPC Live for the upcoming tour (or simply downgrade to 2.3).

If any of you has any idea, please comment here. It'd be a shame if I have to revert to plan B as I really really enjoy the workflow with the mpc live.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Sorry, can't recreate this at all, I've tried two different 2.3 projects, one with tubesynth and electric, the other with loads of automation and fx. Working fine in next seq and next seq from main. Also working in both standalone and controller mode. Doesn't appear to be a global bug, but could be related to something specific to your set up. Do you have any disks attached? User expansions or progressions?

BTW, don't rely on Akai dropping by to comment, they don't, at best they only lurk here. Report it direct to Akai, ring Akai support (web bug report page is currently down).
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sorry, can't recreate this at all, I've tried two different 2.3 projects, one with tubesynth and electric, the other with loads of automation and fx. Working fine in next seq and next seq from main. Also working in both standalone and controller mode. Doesn't appear to be a global bug, but could be related to something specific to your set up. Do you have any disks attached? User expansions or progressions?

BTW, don't rely on Akai dropping by to comment, they don't, at best they only lurk here. Report it direct to Akai, ring Akai support (web bug report page is currently down).

Damn, well actually good for you. Getting pretty worried right now to be honest. There's an internal ssd which anyway shouldn't be the issue as it was there before too. And also, the mpc doesn't stream so.... No progressions going. As said it's a very very simple project where other stuff runs on external sequencers synced to the "mpc master". It was working like a charm on 2.3
Thing is I did the update TEMPTED by the sidechain feature which would make some of the songs do better, as originally sidechain is on the original songs' ableton project.
I have time for a plan B before start travelling, but I'm so depressed I can't use the system as it is now ... the workflow I had was very comfortable. Anyway, let's see if anyone else reports similar issues.

will def try ringing them now.
thanks a lot mate.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:05 pm
The only reason I ask about additional drives is that anything 'foreign' in the MPC needs to be removed so as to rule it out, basically return to stock.Also try the 'RESET' button in PREFERENCES > INFO.

The reality is that disks can and do cause all sorts of flakiness in the Live/X, be it an internal SATA, USB or even the stock internal drive (which is just a generic micro sd card). Plenty of reports of all manner of weirdness that were resolved by changing/removing the disk.
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The only reason I ask about additional drives is that anything 'foreign' in the MPC needs to be removed so as to rule it out, basically return to stock.Also try the 'RESET' button in PREFERENCES > INFO.

The reality is that disks can and do cause all sorts of flakiness in the Live/X, be it an internal SATA, USB or even the stock internal drive (which is just a generic micro sd card). Plenty of reports of all manner of weirdness that were resolved by changing/removing the disk.

!!!!!! Seems like the RESET worked. didn't remove the internal drive yet, but it seems to be working smoothly now! Damn! thanks a lot man. Fingers crossed, hope this won't happen again.
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:27 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yeah, reset seems to be the old classic, always did the trick with flakey JJOS installs. Sounds like you can leave the SSD where it is.

Right. First big issue experienced on mpc live so I really didn't think of that RESET button. Thanks a lot again, if you ever are in the Rome area, I'll get you the best coffee of the area :)