MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Hey the motherducker is just an ordinary sidechain compressor.
I thought it could make any material sound as quak quak.
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sorry, can't recreate this at all, I've tried two different 2.3 projects, one with tubesynth and electric, the other with loads of automation and fx. Working fine in next seq and next seq from main. Also working in both standalone and controller mode. Doesn't appear to be a global bug, but could be related to something specific to your set up. Do you have any disks attached? User expansions or progressions?

BTW, don't rely on Akai dropping by to comment, they don't, at best they only lurk here. Report it direct to Akai, ring Akai support (web bug report page is currently down).

So after the fix, I managed to recreate the issue. It happens when you turn on ableton link on the sync receive.
Can you please try to do this on your project and confirm? Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 pm
pss2099 wrote:So after the fix, I managed to recreate the issue. It happens when you turn on ableton link on the sync receive.

Not doing it for me, I have SYNC > RECEIVE > ABLETON LINK set in prefs, although I'm not actually synced to Ableton here, so that might be relevant, or there might be another sync setting that affects it.
By pss2099 Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
pss2099 wrote:So after the fix, I managed to recreate the issue. It happens when you turn on ableton link on the sync receive.

Not doing it for me, I have SYNC > RECEIVE > ABLETON LINK set in prefs, although I'm not actually synced to Ableton here, so that might be relevant, or there might be another sync setting that affects it.

and clearly this condition only affects 2.3 projects. Not doing it on new projects.
By lordradish Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:56 pm
I think I found a bug, unless I'm missing something. When I have a keygroup program that I'm trying to use a send effect for, it's not really letting me assign it to "All" (when I select "all" instead of individual pads. If I do a send on an individual pad, it will work, but I can't seem to be able to get it to just get the effect to send for the entire keygroup.
By Onerzeus Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:00 pm
2.3 had me unable to export or load vsts, so I eagerly loaded 2.4

And now I can’t get incoming sounds from outside source in my sampler , did it reset something or is it a bug?
By bearhead Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm
Whenever I sample something, it doesn't save. Nothing shows up after I hit the stop button in the sampling feature.
By Menco Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 am
The ‘Convert>Seq’ bug from 2.3 hasn’t been solved yet. It puts the song automatically on Sequence 1, overwritting all previously programmed events.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm
Fanu wrote:Air Compressor's default output is +15 dB. Insanity. Reported.

Yes crazy.
And Air strip channel has the compressor threshold at maximum by default, so as you load it, the volume drops immediately at silence.
Ah ah, the two extremes, one comp at insane gain level, the other at silence.
Who made the default presets?
Was him drunk or what?
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm
bearhead wrote:Whenever I sample something, it doesn't save. Nothing shows up after I hit the stop button in the sampling feature.

On the Sample record page, Make sure the Monitor Button is activated. That may solve your prob
By D3V1L15H Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:40 am
In the XY menu, standalone mode, it can be unresponsive at times or very laggy, and also when Iam using any effect on screen... upon touch (tho i use 'beat repeat LPF' often) it half the time kicks me back to some random ass menu,,, such as main menu, sample edit, pad mixer, etc. Other times in XY it "latches" by itself when it kicks me into another menu and continues the latch sound, until i go back to XY and hit something or simply hitting "stop" twice.

I also tried reset (of preferences) and reinstalled 2.4, yet still experience these issues

. CPU 30 - 42%, Memory 68%
By wende Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:26 pm
I think I discovered a bug.if you hang several sequences in Song Mode one after the other it always skips the following one... Example..... Arrangement in Song Mode sequence 1 afterwards 2 afterwards 3 afterwards 4 afterwards 5....now first sequence 1 plays then 3 then 5... strangely