Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By llaine Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:41 pm
Hello everyone!

I've recently come across a really strange issue on my 3K. Wondered if you guys had the same or got any idea how to fix it.

I have a 3K with the SCSI card reader and a 4GB CP formatted with the MPC.
Now the first partition of the CP (partition A) is full and I want to save my programs and sound onto the other partitions (let's say partition B which is empty)

When I try doing that, the MPC freeze and I'm stuck in the saving screen.
It's kinda annoying because I have to either power off the machine or remove the CP flash card but either way I loose everything.

Any ideas why?
By JUKE 179r Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm
Depending on which OS chips and SCSI card reader you have, it might be easier (and time saving) to swap the files from Partition A to other partitions on the CF card via a computer.
By llaine Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm
So I have no idea which SCSI card reader I have and for Valixi I reckon it's the 3.50 if i'm not saying BS.

What do you mean by swap the files from part A ?
Does it mean that I cannot inside the MPC save on other parts than the A .. ?
By JUKE 179r Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 am
What size are your partitions?
I remember reading keep the hybrid partitions to 32mb partitions under Vailixi OS3.5. Some people stated that the 3000 has problems with the 33mb partition option.

Also, what brand name of CF card are you using?
If it’s a no name brand try switching to a more popular brand.

Keep in mind even though you have a 4GB CF card, Vailixi OS only uses 858 MB regardless of how big the card or drive is.

Vailixi manual... https://4524af72b48ebfc4aa29-d4c3f1d0bb5b578f60a54fca718ded15.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/vailixi-docs.pdf

By llaine Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm
The partitions are all 30Mb.

I'm using The Transcend Compact Flash x133. This one might be pretty shitty I have no idea.
Do you have any good recommendations about CP brand's for the 3K?

I've managed to reproduce the issue by reformatting the whole CP in the 3k not using the hybrid mode but the normal one. Then creating a PGM with a sound and trying to save it on another partition than the A and it freezes ...
I also tried formatting using the hybrid mode but it doesn't work either.
I really wonder what's going on! Do you reckon it comes from the SCSI card reader?

Thanks for the manual link!
Cheers