MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By D3V1L15H Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am
I like the idea behind MPM.

If we can design our own interfaces as such, I wonder if we will also have the ability to design/load different "skins" for those screens... to add our own unique visual flair.
By Caustic Yoda Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 am
I think if someone made a fake leaked update art like this it would be pretty funny if it got things done due to fake expectation on an incoming update?
By Fanu Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am
"Thank you for the suggestions and passion, but false news is very damaging and confusing for users. For the avoidance of doubt this is hypothetical and is not a genuine update."
-Simon Bangs on FB
By Fre$hBreath Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am
I saw this too and immediately recognized the copy as "fake news". Why spread this bullshit?
By Danoc Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 pm
Damm we just got 2.4 the other day and dudes already on 2.5? Dudes have no attention span. The struggle is real!
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Anyway Akai said that from 2.4, updates will be dropped every 3 months or so.
So 2.5 will not be before May.
Better to learn how to use new fx and upgrade old projects with new fx meanwhile.
There is work to do, isn't it?
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 pm
Danoc wrote:Damm we just got 2.4 the other day and dudes already on 2.5? Dudes have no attention span. The struggle is real!

The updates are really for the MPC Software. They want it to be a full fledged Software DAW application and they need a consistence update schedule to do that. It also matches Windows and MAC OS big update schedules. The LIVE/X are on the Down-slope of their campaign. Akai is monitoring, evaluating, and building on their success of the X/Live with Akai Force. They used the same marketing strategy.

Something new is in the works. Perhaps an announcement of the Akai Force working the MPC Software or/and the next MPC Live/X MKII.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:04 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:Damm we just got 2.4 the other day and dudes already on 2.5? Dudes have no attention span. The struggle is real!

The updates are really for the MPC Software. They want it to be a full fledged Software DAW application and they need a consistence update schedule to do that. It also matches Windows and MAC OS big update schedules. The LIVE/X are on the Down-slope of their campaign. Akai is monitoring, evaluating, and building on their success of the X/Live with Akai Force.

Something new is in the works. Perhaps an MKII :nod:

Yeah I have same feeling.
I was surprised by Force, I expected a Live2 with more Ram and a different buttons organization.
I guess in a year they will come out with a new Mpc, maybe with 3.0 software.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm
Frisbi wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Yeah I have same feeling.
I was surprised by Force, I expected a Live2 with more Ram and a different buttons organization.
I guess in a year they will come out with a new Mpc, maybe with 3.0 software.

Yes, and the MPC Live and X are really the MKII version of Touch and Renaissance. At this point they are not even manufacturing the LIVE/X any more. What the Akai Force did was help use up back-stock parts. The goal should be to, continue to update the software.

Also get new customers to buy it for $200 US and have existing customers to update for $99 US. I wouldn't be surprised when the next MPC drops, that they charge current live/X users to upgrade. Just like Touch/Renaissance users had to.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Fanu wrote:Dudes are thirsty for updates.