Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By saltmcgault Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm
I figured out the root of the issue. I switched the input settings on my focusrite I/o to 8 channel analog. It worked fine afterwards. :WTF:
By CharlesRandolph Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:29 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I figured out the root of the issue. I switched the input settings on my focusrite I/o to 8 channel analog. It worked fine afterwards. :WTF:

:lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 pm
Oh so it was an audio interface hardware polyphony channel user induced thingamajig error?
I made that up.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm
Lampdog wrote:Oh so it was an audio interface hardware polyphony channel user induced thingamajig error?
I made that up.

Sounds like a stereo phasing issue!
By saltmcgault Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:32 am
Lampdog wrote:Oh so it was an audio interface hardware polyphony channel user induced thingamajig error?
I made that up.

:lol: This interface has all kinds of set up options. :shock: When i started setting up the assigned mix outs on the 2500 it seemed to be working great until i hit the 7th and 8th track. I started diddeling around with the options on the interface and selected 8 channel analog for the input and it worked fine. I was working on a beat battle entry and not the project that gave me problems though. I'm gonna go back to that one this weekend and finish it. I will say multi-tracking is a gift from god! lol i hated recording every single track separately and then trying to line them up perfectly. Thanks for help though. It's appreciated.
By saltmcgault Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:52 pm
I just wanted to clarify some things just incase somebody runs into a similar problem and reading the **** in this thread.

Make sure your interface inputs are set to 8 channel analog.

Make sure your samples are in mono.

You cant use any fx's on any of the samples on assigned pads that are in a track that you are recording via multi-tracking. No even low or high eq's which I think sucks because I'm always diddeling around with those.