MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Manwithasampler Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:21 pm
Hello all.

Have found a really good bag for carrying my MPC live that I would highly recommend to anyone.

It is the Thomann producer backpack and is priced at £28.83. The MPC fits perfectly in it and it has a second slot in the main compartment that I can easily fit a Novation Circuit and a Elektron Digitone in. It is very well made, with plenty of protection and padding. Plus, it has loads of pockets. I can fit all of the above in it plus a laptop and all the plugs and leads I need to run everything.

Hope this is a help to anybody.
By DJSpaceP Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm
Thanks for that. Instead of several smaller cases, I've been looking for a single sturdy gigging bag to carry my Live, one or two Circuits and a mini keyboard controller. Sounds perfect for the job.
By Danoc Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 am
:worthy: Nice.

In the US store. $31.50 lm ordering right now.

https://m.thomannmusic.com/thomann_prod ... ckpack.htm

Manwithasampler wrote:Hello all.

Have found a really good bag for carrying my MPC live that I would highly recommend to anyone.

It is the Thomann producer backpack and is priced at £28.83. The MPC fits perfectly in it and it has a second slot in the main compartment that I can easily fit a Novation Circuit and a Elektron Digitone in. It is very well made, with plenty of protection and padding. Plus, it has loads of pockets. I can fit all of the above in it plus a laptop and all the plugs and leads I need to run everything.

Hope this is a help to anybody.
By J.O.BEATS Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm
Dimensions for the inner compartments are smaller than the Live......
I almost ordered it then thought I'd double check the dimensions.
By marctronixx Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 pm
https://www.udggear.com/udg-ultimate-pr ... nge-inside

Ive had the above bag since Ive had the live and that was when they were released, so over 1.5 years.

This bag Fits the live plus my full size cans (AKG N90Q) , the lpk25, Arturia audiofuse interface, spare adapter brick, portable power bank, 3 phones, a iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen, a Logitech K780 bt keyboard, wallet, reading glasses, misc. cables, microphone, WiFi hotspot, Siamese power plug. The bag has not let me down and i carry this sucker 5-6 days a week.
By Bezo Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm
I got the Magma CTRL Case MPC Live not noticing there is only cushion on the top side. It's exactly what I was looking for aside from that which is probably why I didn't notice. Not the worse thing in the world, but I wish I had researched better.

Is the Live a snug fit anywhere in the Producer Backpack?
By inflict3 Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :fku:
By omegatron Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:47 am
The thomman bag is great, I've had mine since I got the live, the live fits in fine even with a decksaver on, also I carry my mpk mini, headphones, cables, external drives, folding stand with room to spare.. it's a bargain..
By Unreallystic Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm
For my MPC Live I use...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HL6MDK/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works wonderfully, has decent cushion, never been worried about the Live in it, and has room for Music Theory books and ipad, along with pouches for days to sort various cables. Also turns into a book bag.

For the Force I am currently using...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT6PH6G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes in a bunch of color options, good cushion, regular ipad has its own compartment, my iPad Pro ALMOST fits in the space, the top is like half a CM to narrow for it, may just cut it for the Pro. TONS of space, I was worried about the width of the force, this bag is perfect there, but has tons of room for other stuff. I'd highly recommend this if you want to load it up with additional gear, like say pedals/FX units, if you have a Force decksaver (getting one when they come out), you could most likely put something like a MicroBrute/Freak in there as well. Actually I could throw several Roland Boutques in there now that I think about it.
- Unreall
By LFunkT Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 pm
I use Donner DB-3, it’s a stand and bag combo.

It can fit Live, stand, all the cables, akg k240 and a portable speaker without problems. If you want more protection you can add soft foam inside.
By misterflibble Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 am
@manwithsampler thanks for posting the link to that Thomann backpack, you saved my life. I had a M-Audio gig bag for an old Oxygen-8 midi controller that I didn’t think I needed any more, and donated it to a thrift store like an idiot. I forgot I’d given it away, and went looking for the bag in my garage after I got my MPC and was so disappointed. The M-Audio branded bag isn’t available any longer and the closest thing I’d found was the Ultimate Producer bag which is about $250.

That Thomann bag looks identical to the M-Audio branded bag. What I always liked about that bag was that it’s rigid even when it has nothing in it. The nylon is really sturdy and it has loads of room in it. Thanks again for posting the link.
By Danoc Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm
Nice :nod: Is it water proof? :?:

LFunkT wrote:I use Donner DB-3, it’s a stand and bag combo.

It can fit Live, stand, all the cables, akg k240 and a portable speaker without problems. If you want more protection you can add soft foam inside.