Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By J-Fly Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Thanks! I hope there are more tutorials to come. There is much to learn.
By aes-one Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:04 am
thanks! im a long time mpc user and i got to spend a few minutes with the force over the weekend but was absolutely lost. lol
By Unreallystic Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm
My first hour with the the unit was spent just confused. My second hour was more "OOOOOOooooohhhhhh", and my third hour was "Got It".

There are some tricks and skills that I want/need to learn - focused primarily on live performance, and I'm 100% lost on sound design with Hype...but its not too hard to figure this thing out so far
- Unreall
By J-Fly Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm
I boot it up daily just to play around and get familiar with everything. I only used MPC for about a year for the first time and was just getting the hang of it when I switched over to the Force. It's definitely different. The most confusing thing to me is the omission of the pad tap feature for sampling. Did they intentionally remove this to give the MPC Live/X an exclusive sampling advantage? It seems simple to me to just create a new drum track to designate 16 pads in the lower left quadrant and then go to the sampler and it will know that you're going to be using just those pads for pad tap. It would be even better if all 64 pads can be dedicated to pad tap (that would be insane) but for some reason the Force doesn't have it at all :hmmm:
By eclipxe Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:04 am
J-Fly wrote:I boot it up daily just to play around and get familiar with everything. I only used MPC for about a year for the first time and was just getting the hang of it when I switched over to the Force. It's definitely different. The most confusing thing to me is the omission of the pad tap feature for sampling. Did they intentionally remove this to give the MPC Live/X an exclusive sampling advantage? It seems simple to me to just create a new drum track to designate 16 pads in the lower left quadrant and then go to the sampler and it will know that you're going to be using just those pads for pad tap. It would be even better if all 64 pads can be dedicated to pad tap (that would be insane) but for some reason the Force doesn't have it at all :hmmm:

Just use the “slice +” button on the screen of the sampler. Just as good as pad tap.
By J-Fly Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:14 pm
eclipxe wrote:
J-Fly wrote:I boot it up daily just to play around and get familiar with everything. I only used MPC for about a year for the first time and was just getting the hang of it when I switched over to the Force. It's definitely different. The most confusing thing to me is the omission of the pad tap feature for sampling. Did they intentionally remove this to give the MPC Live/X an exclusive sampling advantage? It seems simple to me to just create a new drum track to designate 16 pads in the lower left quadrant and then go to the sampler and it will know that you're going to be using just those pads for pad tap. It would be even better if all 64 pads can be dedicated to pad tap (that would be insane) but for some reason the Force doesn't have it at all :hmmm:

Just use the “slice +” button on the screen of the sampler. Just as good as pad tap.

I just noticed this. I assume I can make 16 slices and then assign them to pads.