Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By BDMPC Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello,

I bought another MPC1000 after selling my last one a year ago, which worked perfectly with 32GB CF card and JJOS 2xl.

This one I can't get to work with a CF card at all.

I have a 2GB Akai MPC CF card. When I boot up the MPC with it inserted, it loads slowly, then if I go to the "Load" menu to format the card, it just sits there frozen.

I've tried waiting it out for 20 minutes, but still buttons are unresponsive. It becomes responsive a few seconds after I eject the CF card.

I'm trying to load up JJOS 3.16 onto it, hoping that this will change its behavior somehow.

Does JJOS read CF cards differently somehow? I'm hoping once I upgrade from Akai OS, I'll have less issues, but I really don't know.

CF Card reader has no bent pints at all, looks fine.

I've tried a 32GB Sandisk, 16GB Sandisk, and this 2GB Akai.

Is this an indication of a failing hard drive?

Any help would be appreciated.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:11 pm
What happens when you boot without the card?
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm
Fine without card, good. It's not the MPC then. It may be a file on the card, it may be the card itself, it may be pins.

JJOS is the upgrade, AKAI OS is the downgrade.
By BDMPC Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 pm
Lampdog wrote:Fine without card, good. It's not the MPC then. It may be a file on the card, it may be the card itself, it may be pins.

JJOS is the upgrade, AKAI OS is the downgrade.

The thing is all cards are brand new and I can't install JJOS without CF. I only got the Akai MPC 2GB card cause I thought "ok well this is the card **** made for the thing! Hope it works!"

Not sure if the best option is to find a 128 MB card or get a CF card reader to load JJOS onto, then try to install from there. Sort of annoying throwing money at cards to hopefully get this thing to work.

The pins itself are pretty much perfect, nothing bent or anything.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:37 pm
Somehow get JJOS reinstalled.

Are you able to format the cards on PC with FAT and then try on mpc?
By BDMPC Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 pm
Lampdog wrote:Somehow get JJOS reinstalled.

Are you able to format the cards on PC with FAT and then try on mpc?

Will be able to soon, just ordered a CF card reader/writer.

Hopefully will be able to boot with JJOS 3.16 install file. I'm hoping all this has to do with the Akai OS.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 pm
Everybody has gone to JJOS because Akai OS was BS.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 pm
I have a multi card reader in my 2kxl and a cf slot on my triton extreme also.
I use this one for PC transfers.

By BDMPC Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 am
Lampdog wrote:I have a multi card reader in my 2kxl and a cf slot on my triton extreme also.
I use this one for PC transfers.

Was able to boot the MPC after getting a CF card reader and booting with JJOS 3.16 boot file.

Issue turned out to be Akai's OS. Works fine with a 2GB CF card now!
By Lampdog Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 am
Glad you figured it out. Move away from Akai OS first chance you get.