Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By quietizkept Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 am
I've been searching, but I can't find the spec on the Touch's audio interface. Also, what kind of latency settings are you guys rocking?
By Lampdog Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:49 pm
6. Inputs (1/4” / 6.35 mm): Use standard 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS cables to connect these inputs to audio sources (microphone, mixer, synthesizer, etc.). Turn the Rec Vol knob to set their input levels.

7. Outputs (1/4” / 6.35 mm): Use standard 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS cables to connect these outputs to your speaker system, external mixer, etc. The signal sent out of these outputs is the master mix. Turn the Master Vol knob to set the volume level.

Tip: To route a program to these outputs, set its routing to Out 1,2 in the Channel Mixer when the Mixer field is set to Programs. See Operation > Modes > Channel Mixer to learn more about this.

MPC X, Live, Touch manual, page 24.
https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/328/product/11/
By quietizkept Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:50 pm
The only spec I could find said the interface is 16/44 and I refuse to believe it. That was just a forum post but the actual audio specs aren't even listed on the Akai Pro website on the product page under Specs. Still can't find it online or in my manual.
By Lampdog Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm
That was all I could find. I even looked more after I posted that. For some strange reason I'm just not finding the specs.

I know you know how to hook it up, you've been here forever and 5 days, lol.

Tutor did the Touch review when it came out, maybe he'd have more info on the audio interface.
By quietizkept Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:05 pm
Cool thanks for the input guys. Unless Tutor chimes in I guess I'll just have to wait till it shows up later today and have a look for myself. I'm still rocking an ancient e-mu 0404 (I have two for some reason). It sounds good to me and got good reviews, but it is an old card. I'll probably have a go with the Touch as my main interface for a while and put it through the tests.

I just thought about how long I've been in here! Seems like about 10 years. Where does the time go. #Old
By quietizkept Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 am
Weird missing dialog in several games, and it's tucked away in my desk so it's a pain to switch out wires to sample different sources. What it does do well is just sit there and wait to be used without interfering with other audio interfaces. So far I've had good luck just choosing the appropriate input device in the software. Another set of ins on the desktop sounds cool. And, though this card was highly praised lik 11 years ago, I'm curious how newer gear sounds. I know the gap between usb & pci performance is smaller now.