Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By tigersharc1 Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:55 pm
So I'm currently on a mission to start learning as much as I can on using my MPC. You can't justifying buying an MPC X if you don't know the basics. Any way right now I'm stuck actually understanding how to Sample both in 2.4 and externally through the Renn. I would like to know if when I sample through the Renn do I need an audio interface? Next what are the actual steps to chopping a sample from a wav. file in the software. I want to take an audio file chop and assign to the pads to sequence. Please don't trip when responding.... like I said the basics....... Thanks for any help.......
By LUGOD83 Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 am
Woa bud. You’re setting yourself up to be torn apart by the pretentious snob gatekeepers of this forum. First off the ren is its own interface so you don’t need an additional interface. Second, chopping is basically done by hitting “chop” in the sample edit screen then when you are happy with your markers you can push create new program on the software. Do yourself a favor and skim the manual or watch some YouTube videos before asking these type of haterbait questions.
By tigersharc1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:52 pm
Thanks for the reply, as you can see I joined in 07' so I guess times have changed when it comes to getting help instead of sarcasm and hate. I have been reading and watching videos. I did figure out what I was doing wrong with samples already loaded on my computer. What I still haven't figured out is why I can't get my external line signal to be heard through the Renn to start sampling. I can plug headphones into the Renn and I hear the source, I see the db meter moving, but no sound is coming through to record. I just see the message waiting on audio signal......
By tigersharc1 Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:40 pm
I had watched some of those videos before I posted. The problem with those videos is I was seeing options on the software on the video that don't appear the same. In other words he was on the 1.9 or lower software. I didn't see certain options the same with the 2.0, thus is why I wanted to learn once again with 2.4. I did figure some things out with both internal and external that aren't covered directly in the user manual. So I'm good now. :smoker: