Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By hellnegative Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Do they have an Arranger mode and can you record your clip launch live performance directly to the Arranger mode like Ableton Live has implemented for many years and is one of the key features people love about a Ableton Live? If not, any news on when that will happen?

No arranger mode, they said it’s coming. Right now you can export set to ableton and finish the project from there.

Someone also mentioned you can export your scenes Wavs. Or something like that.

This. I finally paid to update my Ableton Suite (haven't updated since 8 due to Cubase being BAE).
By chino Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:24 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:At one point I had my sequence triggering every drum and keygroup.

Maybe try turning off the global MIDI setting? That may help fix the problem of everything triggering at once.
By starcadian Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am
I'm noticing a pretty serious bug on my end, can someone please check i'm not crazy?
If I have an audio clip playing on a pad and I load a clip in another pad of the same column, the second audio clip will start playing by itself without me triggering it. Even if I delete the second pad, it will still keep playing. Also it starts playing from a random part of the waveform, so it's not even a normal trigger! It's almost like it syncs up to whatever point the first waveform is at and starts playing from there.
For what it's worth, I'm triggering long samples, so I don't know if this is the Force shitting at the bed at 3 minute samples, but this is pretty bad, it basically means I can't load samples without them playing on top of my current ones. Anyone else experiencing this?!
By Unreallystic Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm
So while there is interest in this community for getting Hype to the MPC, I'm having issues with Hype sound quality clipping (sounds like sample rate issue) whenever I play say 9th chords. If this is a hardware limitation, I can fully understand why the MPCs dont have it yet. It's grown real frustrating on organs...
- Unreall
By eclipxe Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 am
starcadian wrote:I'm noticing a pretty serious bug on my end, can someone please check i'm not crazy?
If I have an audio clip playing on a pad and I load a clip in another pad of the same column, the second audio clip will start playing by itself without me triggering it. Even if I delete the second pad, it will still keep playing. Also it starts playing from a random part of the waveform, so it's not even a normal trigger! It's almost like it syncs up to whatever point the first waveform is at and starts playing from there.
For what it's worth, I'm triggering long samples, so I don't know if this is the Force **** at the bed at 3 minute samples, but this is pretty bad, it basically means I can't load samples without them playing on top of my current ones. Anyone else experiencing this?!

I'll try to repro tomorrow
By starcadian Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:31 pm
GadgetboyProductions wrote:same issue for me when I load an audio clip into an empty cell on the same column. plays over the top but out of time.

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy, I've posted about it 3 times on gearslutz and literally no one will acknowledge it, even though in my eyes it's one of the bigger bugs, at least if you're playing live. Lots of fingers crossed across the world for 3.02...
By tsutek Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:28 pm
I too got a force 10 days ago. To someone coming from MPC as well as ableton, the force is a very slick package, and a pleasure to write on! However it seems that a poweruser can get this box to its knees in no time flat, lots of bugs, crashing..

This box will be a force to reckon with as soon as Akai gets it together. As it is right now, feels like we are in public beta. So dont go flipping your MPCs for this just yet :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 am
Dug in deeper the last few days. Really seeing how the work flow is, its lightning fast. using the touch screen you can just switch between tracks and create sequences, like rapid fire. Also I found some midi implementation but it only gives plugins a midi track option, that doesnt play when youre on another track.....

Like the last guy said lots to work out but they have some experience with the live so I know they will deliver on updates. Also drums don't feel at all the same for me with how quick I can edit tracks like on the live. now for keys im still blown away.
By Cockdiesel Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:40 am
GadgetboyProductions wrote:1st attempt at something decent on my shiny new Force :-)

PROPS bro. Seems like you have the basics down.

Still trying to figure out how this will benefit my workflow. for me its being able to to organize my track like you have going on. That's it's strength over the live. The live, although not as robust as previous MPC's is still a midi sequencing and editing beast.

So far the verdict from me is: professional series 404, MPC lite, and the dopest keyboard controller i've used.
Sampling is similar to the lIve, but honestly the live seems less clunky to me. I used some outboard with it, these new effects are really dope for dialing in an effect patch.

Let's see them kill it with the next update. Sorry for the rants guys but this thing I just can't wrap my head around.
By Saberghost Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:49 am
**Bugs**
The xy pad will release if you press stop, for instance when you filter a track and wanna kill the sound, once you press stop it cuts the effect playing the sound normally.
Not a bug but Also the navigation buttons should also be implemented into the screen so you could also navigate without having to touch the screen,
When your chopping samples you should be able to play the chops on the pads while you slice, this would improve the workflow for sampling on this machine 10x. Or even being able to switch slices with the navigation buttons. The tactile feel of the navagiton buttons gives a sense of control over touching the screen. A combo of both would be awesome

Second bug, some of the moving paddy synths in hype( atmospheric loops in hype) will never t start on the one when you engage recording, it has a weird delay for some reason. I’ll write down the patches that do it and upload that info aswell.
Really fun machine, I can see this being a solid rig in the future.
By Cockdiesel Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 am
my first real work out on the force. all streamed live. Just used the stock house prests, wanted something vibey too. criticize the shit out of this.