Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By vout Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 am
What kind of step down transformer are you using - you need at least a 100W type, the cheap '40W' ones you get from ebay etc are useless. Also check the power supply board for cracked solder joints on the capacitors as well as all the other suggestions here. Good luck.
By Double Dee Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm
I sent a letter to Roger Linn

he replied "I’m sorry to report that I haven’t thought about that old product in over 25 years, and even back then I didn’t do the non-creative parts of the hardware design nor did I ever deal with the service issues, so I wouldn’t know what to tell you. However, perhaps www.vstservice.com in Los Angeles could help you because they were formerly Akai’s U.S. service center. "

Best of luck to you,
Roger Linn

I sent a letter to www.vstservice.com

They replied - "Try to reseat all the internal connections – mainly the grey ribbon cable from the top half (operation board) to the bottom half (CPU Board) of the MPC.. also reseat the pad sensor membrane to the connector…."

I Tried to reseat all the internal connections! And Works Fine during 2 days!

No problems!

thank you all !!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

love you guys! :smoker:
By richie Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:23 am
It's entirely embarrassing to see that you actually bothered Roger Linn about this.

Never mind the fact you were told days before to re-seat the connectors. I mean really, common sense.
By JUKE 179r Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:24 pm
Good to know Roger Linn took time to actually reply but yeah... you were instructed to re-seat the connectors months ago.
Glad you sorted it out.
Last bumped by Double Dee on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:24 pm.