Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Dan Jose Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am
Hi Guys,

I bought my mpc 2000 second hand last year with an 8 out expansion board. A year later I finally bought a scarlett 18i20 to make full use of the outs. I tested it for the first time last night and Although the interface works fine, only 2 of my 8 outputs send any signal. Channels 2 and 4 work as they should. Everything else is completely dead.

All my cables are new. As of right now it goes mpc 8 outs, into my mixing board, then i use the ineerts as outs into my interface and into the daw. I know all the channels on my mixing board work fine (i have tested them) And i have also used channels 1-5 on the mixer and interface to multitrack record synths and drum machines, so I am pretty confident that part of my setup is solid and functioning fine.

I tried to run the same stereo and the same mono sample through all the different outs, and it's always the same. Only output 2 and 4 work. Both the stereo and mono sample play fine through the main L & R stereo out.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered anything like this before and am hoping there could be a simple solution before I send it to jazzcat

Thanks for your time,

Dan Jose From San Jose
By Dan Jose Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:52 pm
Hi Guys,

Looks like I found the culprit. Looks like someone snapped the ribbon clip that connects the output board to the cpu while they were installing the 8 out board. They then tried to secure it down with glue. The glue has stopped adhering to the board and there is minimum pressure on the ribbon hence the lack of connection / signal. (Not sure what the correct term is here) does anyone know where I can find this part / what it’s called?

Thanks!