Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By GadgetboyProductions Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:24 pm
Hi all,

I know there are a few programs out there for making kits for MPCs but I wondered if there are plans to make something similar for the Force?

Let's discuss :-)
By GadgetboyProductions Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:17 pm
Hey, thanks for the reply. Ideally I think the ability to pre-assign effects per pad would be useful. Is this feature available on other MPC? If they do, which tool is best for me to use to make drum programs or keygroups outside of the force on my mac please?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:13 pm
The MPC Software is the obvious choice, the only choice if you want to add effects, change LFO, filters, program params etc, all other apps out there are for legacy MPCs and can only be used for basic sample assign and basic program parameter config (and only for DRUM programs) .

Not sure if Force users get a discount on the MPC Software, it's sometimes available for $99 on the Don't Crack site, but currently looks like it's $199 everywhere.
By J-Fly Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:30 pm
I've been testing out kits that I had on my MPC Live SSD which is now in my Force. So far, the .xpm files seem to respond more appropriately. For example when I select a kit with an instrument that's a .xpm file, I can then switch between the different note modes (chromatic, harmonize, guitar, etc). These note modes are not available via the other files that I've tested so far. I know in the settings of the Force there is an option to choose a variety of vintage modes. I don't know if that has any affect on the other files.