Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By NewbMpcGuy Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm
So, I bought a 1k off of a site and was wondering if I can get some help. I just got a 1k today and I turned it on, and it worked. No hissing or static. I decided to open it up because I know the machine needs the pad upgrade but I wanted to know what else I could get knowing it needs some repairs. I messed around with some of the buttons, which it needs a couple replaced. I closed it back up and started it up again but now it's giving out static through the left channel. I'm not sure what I did but was wondering if there was any way I could fix it. Thanks in advance.
By NewbMpcGuy Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:03 am
So, the solution I posted didn't really fix it. But, I did find that if I put a magnetic screwdriver on the casing of the 1k, the hissing/crackling/white noise slowly fades away... Could this be a grounding problem? Once it goes away, it's pretty much gone as long as the unit is on. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Scratch what I said again. Lol I keep finding different "ways" to get the static/hiss to go away but it seems to be completely random on what works... Anyway, like I said, any help would be great.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm
Maybe RAM is not seated correctly.

Open it up again, take out ram, try sampling/playing with no ram installed, you'll get default ram on motherboard which is fine for now. If now issues then it might have been that previous installed ram.
Either ram was bad or wasn't seated correctly.
By NewbMpcGuy Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:41 pm
I tried what you said and it didn't work. I tried with the ram out and in, sampled two times and still get static. Just for more info, it did this with no extra ram installed when I bought it (The guy threw in an unopened ram chip). No idea how to fix it. The left channel still works but there's just loud white noise in the background.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 am
Sounds like OS or motherboard issue at first thought.

Could be deeper on second though.
By NewbMpcGuy Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 am
https://ibb.co/v3MY6jm
https://ibb.co/BfK1CBC

That's not what I wanted to hear. :( Hopefully it's an Os problem, I'm waiting for a cf card so I can upgrade to jjos. Should be tomorrow...

Hopefully those links work. I got curious and opened it up. Took some pictures of the ad/da board. Does it look ok? There are some capacitors (?) That look bent and misshapen... is that ok?