Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pressurewave Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 am
Hello, all! First post.

I found a methodology for converting midi clips into .mpcpattern files, which can be loaded into the Force. This is useful for getting things from Ableton Live or other sequencers into the Force. If you want to check that out, you can find it here: http://www.fentonia.com/catnip/midianmpc/index.html

What I can't figure out is how to save patterns out from a Force MIDI track/project onto the internal drive, an SD card, or anything else. You can save projects, tracks (which don't include the patterns), and plugin states, but not the patterns themselves.

There are a ton of built in patterns that come with the Force, so it seems implied that they are supposed to be portable, but does anyone have a way to grab them out of a project?

The goal here is to make it possible to bring the building blocks from a track written on its own into a larger project for live performance, or just to be able to move them around, bring them into Ableton, or into an MPC or onto another platform, should I need to.
By pressurewave Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:23 am
Update:

Doh. I figured this out. It's on p. 127 of the manual, where it says:

The Export as Pattern function saves the current clip as a pattern
(.mpcpattern) to an external storage device or the internal drive of Force.
To select the storage device you want to view, tap it in the Storage column on the left. Internal is the internal drive of Force. Force Documents is a shortcut to the Force Documents folder on the internal drive of Force. If you have storage devices connected to USB ports or SD card slot of Force, they will appear in this column, as well.

Here are some snaps of what it looks like, because there aren't any in the manual of this feature.

There's a lot to this thing.
By DokBrown Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:15 pm
pressurewave wrote:Hello, all! First post.

I found a methodology for converting midi clips into .mpcpattern files, which can be loaded into the Force. This is useful for getting things from Ableton Live or other sequencers into the Force. If you want to check that out, you can find it here: http://www.fentonia.com/catnip/midianmpc/index.html

What I can't figure out is how to save patterns out from a Force MIDI track/project onto the internal drive, an SD card, or anything else. You can save projects, tracks (which don't include the patterns), and plugin states, but not the patterns themselves.

There are a ton of built in patterns that come with the Force, so it seems implied that they are supposed to be portable, but does anyone have a way to grab them out of a project?

The goal here is to make it possible to bring the building blocks from a track written on its own into a larger project for live performance, or just to be able to move them around, bring them into Ableton, or into an MPC or onto another platform, should I need to.

Thank you for sharing this, what a nifty little tool . . . . .