Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best flip?

38%
N/A
63%
By pk1 Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Morning..
Lets peep out some beats..

Voting Rules:
Vote runs fo 2 days.
Anyone can vote. Even if you did not submit a track
Let em know in comments how you voted and what you thought
One does not vote for self
Winner please send me sample and rules on Wed. Night.

saltmcgault

K-Mo'

SoDamnFresh (AMBA)

Good luck fellas :popcorn:
By big ted Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 pm
Everyone turned in some nice beats this week. Had to go with sodamnfresh though. Nice work fellas.
By dez perado Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 pm
still not ready to vote all three really dope.
By Sodamnfresh Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 am
K-Mo' wrote:@SoDamnFresh got my vote, but your hi-frequencies are very aggressive. What monitors or headphones are you using?

Yes my speakers popped a while back and I havent got new ones yet... And I have Sennheiser hd280 pro headphones.... My 'mixing' of tracks is terrible, i know. I get frustrated with it too... Need to invest some proper time into learning the basics at least as Im purely going off my ear at the mo. I have plenty of friends in the biz that can teach me I just need to allocate more time to that as opposed to just making the beats... I only just got a soundcard the other day
By K-Mo' Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 am
Sodamnfresh wrote:
K-Mo' wrote:@SoDamnFresh got my vote, but your hi-frequencies are very aggressive. What monitors or headphones are you using?

Yes my speakers popped a while back and I havent got new ones yet... And I have Sennheiser hd280 pro headphones.... My 'mixing' of tracks is terrible, i know. I get frustrated with it too... Need to invest some proper time into learning the basics at least as Im purely going off my ear at the mo. I have plenty of friends in the biz that can teach me I just need to allocate more time to that as opposed to just making the beats... I only just got a soundcard the other day

Mix sounds like you have filtered all the sounds heavily with the very high resonance setting!? And those resonance spikes are very brutal. That clap sound in 47 seconds is different, it's warmer and more clear. Anyway great flip! :worthy:
By Sodamnfresh Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm
Ykno what, youre right... I filtered the fudge out of the sample and yes, too much resonance (I usually set it between 20-45 on the mpc), but like i said, if it sounds ok to my stoned ears I just go with it :smoker: , I just gotta dedicate some time to it and stop treating it as an after-thought as it makes all the difference.
By dez perado Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 pm
i voted Sodamnfresh with k-mo on the creep up.
By saltmcgault Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm
I went with fresh. I don't recall hearing those samples you did a good job. Yea my mixing is trash also. I think I got a system down now so now I just got to keep trying it out.
By K-Mo' Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm
Sodamnfresh wrote:Ykno what, youre right... I filtered the fudge out of the sample and yes, too much resonance (I usually set it between 20-45 on the mpc), but like i said, if it sounds ok to my stoned ears I just go with it :smoker: , I just gotta dedicate some time to it and stop treating it as an after-thought as it makes all the difference.

Those resonance spikes don't do any good of your hearing.
By Sodamnfresh Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm
K-Mo' wrote:
Sodamnfresh wrote:Ykno what, youre right... I filtered the fudge out of the sample and yes, too much resonance (I usually set it between 20-45 on the mpc), but like i said, if it sounds ok to my stoned ears I just go with it :smoker: , I just gotta dedicate some time to it and stop treating it as an after-thought as it makes all the difference.

Those resonance spikes don't do any good of your hearing.

Ah mate, my ears are long gone... Too many Drum&Bass raves back in the day haha
By Sodamnfresh Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 am
Yo... If I win, I have a weird suggestion for the next battle... I have no idea if its unprecedented or not...