MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By blake c Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 pm
Ok.. All of a sudden When im in the sampler page and I select input 2, sound is there but there is no sound gauge/ meter showing a signal.

I thought it was a connection somewhere in my sound chain but i unplugged all my left inputs followed by all my right channel inputs and had sound on both occasions.

That tells me the audio is there but it shows no sound/signal on the meter while on input 2 solo. Please help.
By DeaDeus Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 pm
Hi, I am not in the studio right now, but please tell us which gauge/ meter is not showing.
The (1) big physical one on the top right hand of the MPCX or the (2) software gauge on the sample recording.
The (2) is for recording threshold only (see manual v2.3 page 238)
The (1) can be altered. See page 72 in manual v2.3
"VU Meter Source (MPC X only): This determines what audio signal level is shown in the level meters (on the right side
of the screen). When set to Master, the level meters show the audio signal sent out of Outputs 1/2 (the Main L/R
outputs on the rear panel). When set to Current Program, the level meters show the audio signal of the currently
selected program (i.e., the program used by the currently selected track and any other tracks that also use it)."
By Oblizz Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm
blake c wrote:Ok.. All of a sudden When im in the sampler page and I select input 2, sound is there but there is no sound gauge/ meter showing a signal.

I thought it was a connection somewhere in my sound chain but i unplugged all my left inputs followed by all my right channel inputs and had sound on both occasions.

That tells me the audio is there but it shows no sound/signal on the meter while on input 2 solo. Please help.

I think we have a similar thing happening, I have also noticed the input 2 line (mono sampling) does not display any signal. Everything seems to function on it fine (I use that input for samples cause my rca cables are shot) just not the display.
By blake c Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm
DeaDeus wrote:Hi, I am not in the studio right now, but please tell us which gauge/ meter is not showing.
The (1) big physical one on the top right hand of the MPCX or the (2) software gauge on the sample recording.
The (2) is for recording threshold only (see manual v2.3 page 238)
The (1) can be altered. See page 72 in manual v2.3
"VU Meter Source (MPC X only): This determines what audio signal level is shown in the level meters (on the right side
of the screen). When set to Master, the level meters show the audio signal sent out of Outputs 1/2 (the Main L/R
outputs on the rear panel). When set to Current Program, the level meters show the audio signal of the currently
selected program (i.e., the program used by the currently selected track and any other tracks that also use it)."

The software meter gauge in the sample recording screen. All sounds are coming through but when I change my input to #2 the gauge shows no audio whether I select stereo or mono.
When Im on input 1&2 stereo it shows but nothing at all when I select input 2 by itself
By vwkountz Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm
This has been an issue since the arrival if 2.0, but still no fix in any of the updates. When you use a stereo input you see both meter, but mono will only show meters for the odd (1,3, etc) mono tracks. The even mono track records, but you will see no meter response. If you have the software up you will see it working, but you will not see it in the hardware. This same behavior carries over with a multi-track output Asio drivers, as well. I use a Zoom L12, but I have to skip the even outputs. :WTF:
By DeaDeus Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 am
wow - as I am always working with stereo through my mixing desk (even mono signals), I have never experienced this - thank you for the heads-up.
By spockis2bold Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:04 pm
I had this same problems trying to record my turntable into the MPC X, the solution is to change the Inputs from 1.2 to 3,4 and the recording meters come up!