Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Big congrats to SoDamnFresh

Sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvui6w5ly1ror83/Predator%20soundtrack%20main%20title.mp3?dl=0
(We will no longer be doing multi sample submissions. One sample for all of us to work on. We are going back to how this was when i started in these battles. If winner submits a dope sample we crush it. if he submits a shitty one we still try to crush it... all this fifteen samples to choose from is for sissy's. keep it simple, keep it real, and test your skills.)

Rules:
outside instruments ok
outside sounds ok
No accapellas,
only vox from the movie allowed but not mandatory.
Track needs to have battle info in tittle
Upload your track to soundcloud or Youtube, and have track posted
within this thread by tuesday night.

Good luck :popcorn:

By Sodamnfresh Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Sample is the main theme from Predator... I usually stay well clear from sampling anything in the 80s and its not such an easy one, but ive been wanting to flip this for a while now so thought this would be a good opportunity... Good luck :wink:

And thanks for the positive and constructive feedback on my beat! :worthy:
By saltmcgault Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm
predator theme song huh? :hmmm:
By Sodamnfresh Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 am
saltmcgault wrote:predator theme song huh? :hmmm:

Ive always wanted to give it a go, I thought Id drag you down with me :nod:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Congrats on the win Sodamnfresh.... Really looking forward to flipping this one :smoker:
By dez perado Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 pm
@sodamnfresh congrats on the win.Gonna check out the samples.loved the movie not so sure a bout the soundtrack though lol. :-D
By saltmcgault Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 am
Sodamnfresh wrote:

ha. It’s your rules and sample this round. You could’ve submitted the barney’s theme song if you wanted. lol Congrats on the W you made a solid joint out of the samples last round.
By Sodamnfresh Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:54 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Sodamnfresh wrote:

ha. It’s your rules and sample this round. You could’ve submitted the barney’s theme song if you wanted. lol Congrats on the W you made a solid joint out of the samples last round.

Thank you sir :worthy:
By Sodamnfresh Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm
So yeah, whipped this up this morning... Im happy with it! But I reckon with more time I could do something more indepth, but I cant be bothered right now hehe

Btw, has anyone here not seen the movie...? I just assume everyone has, but forget there might be young'uns here.... If not, WATCH IT 8) :popcorn:
By Sodamnfresh Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm
dez perado wrote:

NIce one man, liking the predator growls in the back.... I tried to use it as the snare roll, but didnt work out for me so I left it out...

It's not an easy sample, innit! I struggled a bit and got frustrated with it so I had to leave my mpc for an hour and come back to it fresh before I made it fit the way I did...
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm
It's been a while but with an hour free I knocked this up on the 2500 this evening