Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By JDSY Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:41 am
Hey,

I am sort of giving up on this, but I thought I'd ask.

Has anyone ever synced the MPC 500 with a QY100?

The settings for each machine are pretty basic. . . But setting the QY100 as slave, the BPM goes - - - but when you start the loop sequence the QY doesn't start playing.

Same for if you set the QY internal, the MPC doesn't start or adapt the QY BPM.
By DjDiskmachine Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 pm
JDSY wrote:The settings for each machine are pretty basic. . . But setting the QY100 as slave, the BPM goes - - - but when you start the loop sequence the QY doesn't start playing.

According to page 247 of the reference manual for the QY100, the MIDI sync under the Utility menu should be set to "External".
[1]Have you set the MPC sync as "Master"?
[2]Have you tried different MIDI cables?
[3]Do you have another unit that can act as a MIDI clock master that you can use as a reference when syncing the unit as a MIDI clock slave?

JDSY wrote:Same for if you set the QY internal, the MPC doesn't start or adapt the QY BPM.

The reverse applies here, have you set the MPC under the MIDI/SYNC menu as a MIDI clock slave?
See [2]-[3] above
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:22 am
I think there is an old thread on MIDI somewhere here for other sequencers. I think you needed to set the 500 to MIDI CLOCK in order to sync with other devices.

Most people abandon the QY for the ease of the MPC sequencer and here you want both together :D