MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dj Bo Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:51 pm
Cnote734 wrote:Flattening pad with effects causese Mpc x to crash,and it happens all the time,anyone had this problem.... had the Same problem with 2.3 update and still the same problem with 2.4.....

Hi,
maybe it’s this: try deactivating input 3 (and input 3-4 stereo inputs) and then try to flatten a pad with fx. I have an MPCX and it only crashed a couple of times and that happened while flattening pads. I found out that if i don’t use 3 or 3-4 as inputs it doesn’t crash. I did it a couple of times. For me it’s not a problem because I rarely use flatten pad. So I didn’t bother to report a bug (if it’s a bug). When I flatten, I just disable input 3 and 3-4 (select another input for audio tracks, maybe also looper).
It doesn’t happen with input 4, so it’s something with input 3. Maybe it’s the hardware, i don’t know.
Standalone MPCX 2.3
Greets.
B
By Caustic Yoda Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 pm
How do we re-install factory content to fix screen lag? and will we have to have the ugly start up menu with demo projects etc?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am
You have to contact AKAI support to send you the 8GB zip file containing the factory content.Then copy the folder onto an SD/SSD/Flash drive and put it in your MPC X or Live while its switched off then turn it on so it copies the original factory files and settings onto the MPC.

Caustic Yoda wrote:How do we re-install factory content to fix screen lag? and will we have to have the ugly start up menu with demo projects etc?
By vwkountz Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm
I just noticed one nagging issue. If I go into sample
edit and it's in chop mode (sample with no chops) then adjust the start or end, but realize I needed to be in trim mode. The discard option in the process menu goes away. It comes back after exiting to main menu then going back to sample edit. I reported it, but that is the only thing I noticed.
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 pm
It has to be set to 'All' in the Slice Field, in the Trim mode, inside the Sample Edit Screen....in order to see the Discard Option
By xlylax Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm
when playing in song mode, if you leave song mode while a sequence is still playing......

A. the song does not keep on playing and the song stays on the sequence playing.
B. if you try to go back into song mode either nothing happens or it puts back on the main screen.

this should be an option to play song mode and still be able to get into other menu options (X Y FX for instance) and have the song keep on progressing through the sequences.
Also, you should be able to leave song mode and go back into song mode without the song having to stop.

I can make a vid explaining what I mean if necessary. :popcorn:

Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you,

--xlylax
Bymember04959388 Fri May 03, 2019 2:53 pm
If you assign Master Output volume to a qlink on project mode and save the project with that qlink at 0 (unity level), next time you load it, it doesn't show the right value but the last you used on the project before.
So if you organize your projects with output volumes on qlink to play a live set, it becomes a hell.
For example, you fade out a project, load the next one where you saved the volume at 0 and you have that qlink showing -inf even if the real value is at 0.
You start, all goes fine until you move the output volume qlink (that shows -inf) and the volume goes suddenly to -inf.
3 or 4 updates ago, I have been contacted by Akai for that problem and they told me they will fix it.
It's still there
By ofenomeno Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 am
Happened a few times now..depending on certain synths used when I load up more than 3 plugins it crashes all the plugins and none play(bassline,tubesynth,electric) they'll all stop working.

They're all assigned to their own plugin channel as well. I thought the limit was 5? My cpu levels when this happens is never above 15.
By Kirsty Sun May 26, 2019 4:05 am
When I mute an audio track in one sequence, it gets muted in all sequences...am I doing something wrong...or is this a bug?
By Kirsty Sun May 26, 2019 9:43 am
In fact I've only just noticed that whatever I do to a track, it does it to the same labelled track in every sequence...it's driving me mad.
By BeatWilson Tue May 28, 2019 6:19 pm
Im going to take a look and see if that happens on my mpc later tonight.
I personally dont use audio tracks unless for small things. I dont even use auto-sample. I stick with what i know works which is midi, making pad groups and such.
Hopefully this isnt true tho.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am
What track is this program?Audio?
Every program track is bound to the one you assigned it to..You have to to create another one by hitting + and load another program with a different name..In your scenario i’m guessing you’re trying to load the same program on different tracks..Well that’s not possible i’m afraid..Any changes you’re making to one track is reflected on the other because they’re bound to each other by the same program..
Kirsty wrote:In fact I've only just noticed that whatever I do to a track, it does it to the same labelled track in every sequence...it's driving me mad.
By vwkountz Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 pm
40Beatz wrote:It has to be set to 'All' in the Slice Field, in the Trim mode, inside the Sample Edit Screen....in order to see the Discard Option

Ty, it worked. I just noticed your reply today :worthy:
Bymember04959388 Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:32 pm
My Akai Lpk25 doesn't work properly with Mpc Live.
I have to plug it out and in everytime I load a project.
Very annoying for performances.
I used a Keystep before without any issue, I switched to Lpk because of portability.