Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm
The ASR is the better continuation of the EPS. Same as mcp60 to mpc3000. Same machine but way updated.

I knew this when I bought my ASR10 in 94, it’s why I chose ASR.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:25 pm
2kxl and asr10 midi’d together is heaven made combo!

2kxl is not a full featured sampler so some people weren’t cool with it, I understand.
By edzer Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:10 am
random question (ensoniq related) but I didn't wanna start a whole new thread.

anyone dealt with the guy from "thesoniq" in the last few years? need some replacement parts and remembered the site, but I feel like the it hasn't been updated in a decade or so :?
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 am
Give him a call or email.
By edzer Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:04 pm
OwlBrainz wrote:Ive dealt with thesoniq last year

Hes a great guy

Ensoniq mastermind and legit

Hes not big on email

He’d rather talk on the phone

His name is The

Pronounced Tee

amazing, thanks for the update/info. will give him a ring shortly (once it's a bit later out here on the east coast)
By Bacchusthegod Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:41 am
Hey y’all. Goin thru it with my ASR 10 (keyboard)
Specifically, boots up fine until it comes time to tune the keyboard, it fails, I hit retry, continues to fail, I hit no to bypass, get the calibration failed message. Then the only keys that work are A5 thru E5 and E5 believes it is being held down. Very frustrating stuff. I’ve never opened her up before and am wary of doing so as I have little to no experience with that sort of operation. Any thoughts? How is Thesoniq doing these days?

-B
By Lampdog Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:14 pm
Do you only have 1 OS bootup disk? I’d try another OS disk.

I used to copy my OS to many diff disks just in case some got corrupted or didn’t tune correctly.
By terry towelling Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 am
Bacchusthegod wrote:Hey y’all. Goin thru it with my ASR 10 (keyboard)
Specifically, boots up fine until it comes time to tune the keyboard, it fails, I hit retry, continues to fail, I hit no to bypass, get the calibration failed message. Then the only keys that work are A5 thru E5 and E5 believes it is being held down. Very frustrating stuff. I’ve never opened her up before and am wary of doing so as I have little to no experience with that sort of operation. Any thoughts? How is Thesoniq doing these days?

-B

try checking the molex connectors between boards. i had problems with my eps classic that i thought were failing chips. turned out to be just oxidised or lose molex connectors.

it's a bummer the asr10 doesn't open up from the top like the eps...so easy to work on.
if you are opening it up, maybe a good time to install a card reader?
all the best getting your asr working.
By Nino_Allah Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:54 pm
Sorry to rez an old thread, anyone have any advice on which of the new zulu or scsi sds work best for asr now?

I see there was some issues with the old model being less available and they have the mini now which I was looking to grab up.

I do not really plan on using translator 7 much but would be nice to have easy compatibility to dump and help organize in there for projects.
By Nino_Allah Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:50 pm
Took a buy on the mini zulu 1.0

Will report back if working correctly for any future users.

Also going to go through and iron out the midi using the new mpcs with asr and another outboard synth, it has not been as simple as it used to be for me on the 2000xl as it doesnt have the simple 1A 1B channel toggles etc. I think the main issue is getting it all to play nice in controller mode, was able to get it going in the standalone but not getting the individual banks of asr etc and not program changes. Once I have ironed out all of it ill try and post what I found to work.
By Nino_Allah Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:34 am
So the Zulu mini worked right out of the box from sampler zone just an fyi.

As for the midi everything seems to be running fine creating midi track in controller mode, choose live 2 or whatever as your channel as it seems to remove A B option you would have on your standalone.

Select the channel in the top right of the program section of the main screen on mpc, correspond that number to your asr instrument channel for each midi channel you want if you want midi on each track to correspond to a midi bank on asr.

Standard stuff listed before all works,

ASR-create blank or fill instrument tracks for each channel before doing this.

Edit Midi- Transmit on - Inst channel (I’ve heard base for some reason on other descriptions but inst seems to work best for everything I’ve tried)

Edit MIDI- Midi in mode- multi

Edit Instrument- set midi channel for each corresponding instrument bank (1-1 2-2 etc)

Edit Instrument - midi status Both

Edit Track- multi in channel (set 1-1 2-2 etc in each instrument again)

Save parameters.

There’s some bonus stuff for program changes etc and clock stuff but it’ll be dependent on what you’re trying to do obviously.

On a side note I always just chopped on asr and linked with mpc. I’m gonna try and dive into the asr sequencer after so long just to understand it better. Lord help me