Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Sirwillyus Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:27 am
Right when I thought I had everything answered about the MPC 2000XL. These two chalenges arose.
If you think you have the answers, BIG ups to you. You're a Ninja!!

1: Using an external sequencer, such as Ableton Live. How do we perform "16 level" recording?
When I record a 16 level note variation performance to a track , the play back only plays the root note.
When using an external keyboard controller, it plays the different sounds. How to externally play and record (via external seq.) scales?

2: When playing back more than one DRUM/Program, needing to mix the levels, all sounds are dedicated to the DRUM/Program I choose in the mixer. How does one keep a track/Prog playing while adjusting levels on another DRUM/Prog? When swiching to another DRUM/Program to mix with another, ALL sounds and Programs go to the current Program selected in the mixer.

Consider yourself a Badass if you can answer even one ofe these questions.
By mr_debauch Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 am
yeah, the 16 levels is an internal thing.. you are stuck dealing with that in the mpc. And for the second question... I am not really sure there is a solution for that. I suggest trying to keep things in later banks of your first drum program if possible i guess unless someone else knows/remembers if there is a solution.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 am
1. 16 levels is an internal mpc feature ONLY.
This has been mentioned in several forum threads here for years. Search.

2. Pg 129 in the 2kxl manual.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:26 pm
You saying that makes me think you didn’t check the pages I suggested, did you?
By richie Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:05 pm
Lampdog wrote:You saying that makes me think you didn’t check the pages I suggested, did you?

That is basically 95% of the threads. :-D
By Lampdog Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 am
Awwww. I know, I know.

There is a culture of instantly asking before even helping yourself or just relying
on word of mouth or saying **** the manual (yes, this happened here in the forums).
I’m not saying that’s what this is, but the first two happens a lot.
By Sirwillyus Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:40 am
Is this or is it not a question forum? I’m not trying to skip out on reading the manual. Page 29 has nothing to do with the answer to my question. If you know the answer, please give it to me. This is not an Easter egg hunt. Yes or No?! Can I play a keyboard to make melodies? Inquiring minds would love to know...
By mr_debauch Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:03 am
yes you can if you load a different note sample onto each pad and play that via keyboard through the midi in on the mpc.... otherwise you need to also get an akai s-series sampler to do that exact thing you are talking about. You sample one thing and set it to chromatic across all the keys with what ever root note you choose.
By saltmcgault Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:21 am
Sirwillyus wrote:Is this or is it not a question forum? I’m not trying to skip out on reading the manual. Page 29 has nothing to do with the answer to my question. If you know the answer, please give it to me. This is not an Easter egg hunt. Yes or No?! Can I play a keyboard to make melodies? Inquiring minds would love to know...

try page 129. :lol:
By Lampdog Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:2. Pg 129 in the 2kxl manual.

@op, **** on my part. 129 was for a diff issue in diff thread.

Regular **** on your part for not reading the whole manual.

Yes, it's a forum, also a gear manual resource, also a searchable database for problems and solutions.

pg 50
pg 51
pg 111- pg 113
pg 117

2kxl manual
By tapedeck Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:18 pm
yes you can play a piano sample chromatically on the keyboard via a midi keyboard. you can either create an 'auto chromatic' program, or you can build it manually.

no you can't use 16 levels via a midi keyboard.

to your other question, you have to set up your midi receiving correctly in multi-timbral mode. its not an easter egg hunt, but if i were going to give you the answer, i'd have to look at the manual, so you might as well do that yourself and then come back here with specific questions. then maybe somebody can help from memory.

good luck.
By Sirwillyus Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 pm
tapedeck wrote:yes you can play a piano sample chromatically on the keyboard via a midi keyboard. you can either create an 'auto chromatic' program, or you can build it manually.

no you can't use 16 levels via a midi keyboard.

to your other question, you have to set up your midi receiving correctly in multi-timbral mode. its not an easter egg hunt, but if i were going to give you the answer, i'd have to look at the manual, so you might as well do that yourself and then come back here with specific questions. then maybe somebody can help from memory.

good luck.

TAPEDECK!! :worthy: