Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Jo8ow27 Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 am
New to the MPC Scene, recently bought a 4000 off a friend. Having a look on the back, there's no 1/4 inch jack inputs for tracking out to an external mixer, I want to track my audio out and have more control of the sound that way. Am I tripping or does the MPC 4000 not have this? I know the 2000 does? :hmmm:

Just looked this up on google images, is this a modded 4000 or something?
http://www.mpc4000sounds.com/z/wp-conte ... s_rear.jpg
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:02 pm
Jo8ow27 wrote:New to the MPC Scene, recently bought a 4000 off a friend. Having a look on the back, there's no 1/4 inch jack inputs for tracking out to an external mixer, I want to track my audio out and have more control of the sound that way. Am I tripping or does the MPC 4000 not have this? I know the 2000 does? :hmmm:

Just looked this up on google images, is this a modded 4000 or something?

That MPC 4000 has all the optional cards installed. : Digital I/O, 8 analogue OUT, and the Adat in and out.
If you want to track to a mixer and don't have the cards, you have to use the Stereo Main out.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm
Jo8ow27 wrote:Thanks for the reply, yeah thought so. Do you know if you can buy the 8 outputs card anywhere? Does it have to be built for the MPC 4000, or can be any outputs card? Cheers

Must be for the MPC 4000. Here's an eBay link.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Akai-Professional-IB48P-8-Analog-Output-Expansion-Board-For-MPC4000/664692254
By Lampdog Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:19 pm
I use that adat on mine going into audio interface, I love it.
8 outs and adat are mirrored, no separate 16, one person a while back asked me.
:Sigh:
By Lampdog Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:57 pm
This is what I have. I wouldn't even know what to advise others on for adat.

ADAT1 is 8chnls from 4k.
ADAT2 has the ability to be configured for 2chnl optical SPDIF and so
that is how the Triton Extreme is connected.

All other gear use analog inputs.

By Sense-A Sat May 18, 2019 11:05 pm
I want clarification. The Adat card or analog expansion gives you 8 channels (either or, though if you have both you can duplicate 8 channels for 16). Can you also use the two main outs for 10 independent channels? Does the SPDIF card give you an additional 2 digital channels? So, theoretically, you can have a maximum 12 unique channels out. Correct?
By CharlesRandolph Sun May 19, 2019 12:08 am
Sense-A wrote:I want clarification. The Adat card or analog expansion gives you 8 channels (either or, though if you have both you can duplicate 8 channels for 16). Can you also use the two main outs for 10 independent channels? Does the SPDIF card give you an additional 2 digital channels? So, theoretically, you can have a maximum 12 unique channels out. Correct?

8 Adat mirror the 8 analog and digital mirrors the Stereo Outs.
By Sense-A Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Thanks. So it sounds like I get 2 main outs with an optional digital copy (SPDIF), 8 expansion analog outs with an optional digital copy (ADAT), ---for a maximum 10 unique channels all with optional digital copies of those channels.

If anyone wants to sell me their word clock/spdif card, or their ADAT expansion, send me a PM. I usually prefer working in the analog domain but I'm running out of inputs on my interface.

Regardless, that's more outputs than I'll use. I have a couple Akai S1000's and 1100's that provide me plenty of expansion.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm
Sense-A wrote:Thanks. So it sounds like I get 2 main outs with an optional digital copy (SPDIF), 8 expansion analog outs with an optional digital copy (ADAT), ---for a maximum 10 unique channels all with optional digital copies of those channels.

If anyone wants to sell me their word clock/spdif card, or their ADAT expansion, send me a PM. I usually prefer working in the analog domain but I'm running out of inputs on my interface.

Regardless, that's more outputs than I'll use. I have a couple Akai S1000's and 1100's that provide me plenty of expansion.

You could get 8 analog card and the Behringer ADA8200 Microphone Preamp. ($200 to $228.) Has 8 1/4 inputs and Adat out. I'm not a big Behringer fan but these pieces are solid. They have MIDAS preamps.

The ADAT cards are hell to find and if you do they charge 500 to 600. However you may find one with a Z8.