Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By J-Fly Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm
I didn't want to have two devices that are somewhat similar so I sold my MPC Live. I can use some of that money to pay of the Force.........maybe. I just hope some updates are coming soon.
By d2ba Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:25 am
I ended up getting both the MPC-X and Force and a Denon X1800 as a mixer and sound card
Im personally using the Force a lot more than X so ultimately i may sell the X and replace it with a second Force
By Elohimfetus Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:43 am
I went with the Force because my main DAW is Ableton, so I needed something that is compatible. Eventually, the Force will export Ableton Projects. The MPC's export features don't really suffice when it comes to working with Ableton.

If you are starting from ground zero and you don't use other DAWs the MPC software may be all you need. You can use other VST plugins for mixing and mastering.

If you want an MPC I'd go with the X, because you can run 8 channels out to an Analog summing mixer.
By J-Fly Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Elohimfetus wrote:I went with the Force because my main DAW is Ableton, so I needed something that is compatible. Eventually, the Force will export Ableton Projects. The MPC's export features don't really suffice when it comes to working with Ableton.

If you are starting from ground zero and you don't use other DAWs the MPC software may be all you need. You can use other VST plugins for mixing and mastering.

If you want an MPC I'd go with the X, because you can run 8 channels out to an Analog summing mixer.

I've had the Force since release and it's starting to become useless to me without Ableton integration. I'm trying to be patient but in the meantime I'm saving up for a MPC X just in case this Ableton thing doesn't fall through.
By kaydigi Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm
About to order a force today, I plan to use in tandem with the live. I’m probably going to put a 1tb ssd in it and autosample a lot of my Kontak library.

I sold my Maschine Jam, Maschine Mk3, and push 2. Nothing wrong with the push 2 and Mk3 but the jam is worthless since it can’t have an independent view from the software and other Maschine controllers.
By kwaping Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Bump for an update on this topic. How do they compare now that a lot of issues from the older comments have been addressed? I'm in the market right now for one of these two.
By kaydigi Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:13 am
kwaping wrote:Bump for an update on this topic. How do they compare now that a lot of issues from the older comments have been addressed? I'm in the market right now for one of these two.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... count=2344

The 2.7 is right around the corner. Song mode is finally coming to the force.

I would still get the X though, nice screen, direct access buttons and 16 links trump everything else.
By r4nd0m Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:53 am
Maxlegendedm wrote:Can I get a refurbished mpc x ? I really want to get the x but it's quite expensive. As far as I've never tried it, I dono what to look, if I get a used x

I dont think there is much risk at this stage with regards to wear and tear I would think that would prevent you from getting a refurbished/2nd hand X ... I wanted the X but the size of it and portability of the live at the time did matter, you quickly learn the short cuts on the live but still dedicated knobs and buttons make things sometimes much easier - I see that when using the Force ...
By DokBrown Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:51 pm
Does the force have better audio warping algorithms than the X/LIVE ?
I notice a lot of “noise/artifacts” when I warp with my MPC LIVE more the 5-10bpm.

I understand that the patched phrase option is still there, but was just wondering . . . .
By white-label will Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm
horses for course my ninja , i have both and both do differnet things some better than the other so its purely depending on what your plans are, what i will say is the mpc x is a **** beast and the best toy i bought! centre piece
By BradLeyLineMihler Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 pm
Hi There,

I use fl studio on laptop to sequence my roland JV1080. I want to get awy from the laptop
and buy an MPC one to midi sequence my JV (Usually 4 to 7 tracks) and record the final sequence audio track all on the MPC....Would the mpc one's cpu be able to handle all this or would the force be a better option...(I think the force workflow might be closer to FL Studio)

Love fl studio but hate working with a computer :vomit: :vomit: