MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By EnochLight Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:32 pm
Just picked up an MPC Touch and was excited to dive into the world of Akai MPC's... but whenever I load Air effects plugins (that freaking came with the software), it crashes the entire DAW to my desktop. It's mind boggling that Akai doesn't have plugin sandboxing in freaking 2019, and it makes using the Touch and MPC 2.4 software impossible.

Does anyone know of any fix or any progress Akai is making at addressing this? I so want to love my MPC Touch, but I'm close to sending it back for a refund. :roll: :evil: :twisted: :WTF:

I'm on Windows 10, a reasonably OK processor (i7 3770k at 3.5 Ghz), 16 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB SSD. All other software runs solid (Reason 10.3, Studio One Pro 4.x).
By Kozmos6 Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am
don't know if this will help .. but ..

i run mpc sftwr. on a mac .. and had some screwups with the plug-in synths
basicaly .. mangled sounds .. weird behaviour .. and maybe one freez-up

the solution were to increase the audio buffer size

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By quietizkept Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:30 pm
I saw a lot of people complaining that 2.4 was crashing with certain plugins. 2.5 supposedly is better. I know it doesn't crash any longer with my Slate Digital plugins. It is ridiculous that they don't work out of the box but you might want to grab the 2.5 update & see if it's any better. My Air plugins are working, they just have a generic GUI on the non-touchscreen MPC models. I don't remember if I even tried them on 2.4, sorry.