MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Massproduce201 Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 am
Is it possible to copy and paste bar to bar in the standalone grid mode? I figured out how to paste it and snap it in place at the beginning of a bar but how do you copy say start of bar 3 to start of 5 and then paste to and overwrite bar 1? I used to use this feature alot in the 2000xl
A lot of times you have kicks that don’t land directly at the start of a bar for example so it would make duplicating and editing drum patterns easier
From my understanding you can do this in the sequence edit page but is there a way to do this in grid mode right from the main page?
By glide Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm
Dont want to hijack the thread but can you also edit the messure of each bar..so 4/4 4/4 3/4 2/4 4/4 7/4 structure could be possible?
By Massproduce201 Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
In other words, I want to copy the events in bar 3 through 5 (2 bars), and paste it before at bar 1. This should be an option in grid mode as to not have to go back to the main everything should be in one place am I missing it?
By Moho Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 am
In grid mode select all the notes in the first 2 bars and hit delete
Then select all the notes in bars 3 to 5 and hit copy
Nudge the notes back to bar 1
Done
By DeaDeus Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:03 am
Moho wrote:In grid mode select all the notes in the first 2 bars and hit delete
Then select all the notes in bars 3 to 5 and hit copy
Nudge the notes back to bar 1
Done

True, this is the only way I know as well.
Except that I experienced that the pasted bars are sometimes transposed to the bottom of the piano roll (grid mode) and I have to re-transpose the notes to where they belong.

A function to do so would be easier and should include merging, and options of what - e.g. including automation, velocity, or notes only or a combination...
this speeds up stupid work to come back to creativity quickly.