MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By D3V1L15H Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 pm
So I shipped my old Live to Akai for warranty repair late last month due to issues I was having in controller mode, and they sent me a brand new unit exactly two weeks later. Upon powering it up I immediately notice a screen brightness problem affecting a very specific area, the right edge of the touch screen, and that area is noticeably brighter than the rest of the screen - especially since its such a vertical, uniform shape. This effect/defect persists no matter what screen function or menu Im using, including the demo/templates/songs as well as the boot logo graphic upon start up/

After upgrading from the factory 2.2 to the new 2.5, yep it still shows up. On one hand it looks to be a hardware defect. Yet, I have a feeling it could be software based, since the area in question is so uniform and only on one side, which makes me think its possible that the display or screen brightness resolution isnt at its full width or something. Idk.

Im curious if anyone else has had the same screen issue and if theres some type of quick fix for it? So far its not effecting any functionality that prevents me from using the MPC, thank god.

Suggestions?

By Transmisser Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm
I would definitely send that picture and maybe a video to Akai. That's BS and they should replace it. I'm on my 5th MPC X in under 8 months of initially purchasing it. While I haven't had this exact issue, I've had other screen and hardware issues out of the box that warranted an exchange.
By Jody Jamz Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 pm
Is it me, or does it seem like Akai's quality control have been getting worse in the past few years?

I mean, they are finally getting the software on point and sadly it seems like there are more issues appearing with the hardware than before.

I personally have to send my MPC X to repair and someone here wrote that they are currently on their 5th MPC X!

That is just crazy..
By 40Beatz Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Nahhh The LCD Screen isn't sitting flush internally. What you're seeing is the Backlight Reflection on the Edge of the screen. Bad Luck My Man :Sigh: