MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vgambit` Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 am
Had my MPC Live in the closet for a minute. Just updated from 2.1 to 2.5. I was looking over the release notes (that page is tough to find; https://www.akaipro.com/knowledgebase_c ... ase-notes/ ) when I saw the Program Edit page for one of the Plugin Programs they added. It looks amazing, and gives me the impression that, given the touch interface, it could support just about any VST plugin, but I'm not finding any discussion about that here with a search, nor any indication in the release notes.

So this plugin support, is it only for certain specific Akai VST plugins that they made for the desktop software, and in some cases, also standalone? Cause I feel like YellowNoiseAudio's DrumExtract plugin would be kinda OD on this thing, workflow-wise. Sampling straight into the MPC, chopping up samples, then running them through DrumExtract, all on one machine, without having to sample and filter on a computer first, would be outrageous.
By Danoc Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 am
You get 3 new VSTi's for the standalone. But in contrller mode you can add 3rd party VSTi's.
I was only able to open one VSTi in the software. But l won't complain being l use 2 DAWs anyway.

vgambit` wrote:Had my MPC Live in the closet for a minute. Just updated from 2.1 to 2.5. I was looking over the release notes (that page is tough to find; https://www.akaipro.com/knowledgebase_c ... ase-notes/ ) when I saw the Program Edit page for one of the Plugin Programs they added. It looks amazing, and gives me the impression that, given the touch interface, it could support just about any VST plugin, but I'm not finding any discussion about that here with a search, nor any indication in the release notes.

So this plugin support, is it only for certain specific Akai VST plugins that they made for the desktop software, and in some cases, also standalone? Cause I feel like YellowNoiseAudio's DrumExtract plugin would be kinda OD on this thing, workflow-wise. Sampling straight into the MPC, chopping up samples, then running them through DrumExtract, all on one machine, without having to sample and filter on a computer first, would be outrageous.
By Danoc Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 am
vgambit` wrote:Damn, that sucks. I guess it's cool that it might work in controller mode, but I really bought the Live because I'm not trying to work on a PC at all, if I can avoid it.

I feel yah. I think Akai needs to talk to Eric Persing to get Omnisphere up in standalone mode. We need top of the line joints.