MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By mistawil Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:57 pm
Not sure I seen this issue with Waves v9, For any waves v10 plugin i place on an insert, it loads successfully and the plugin GUI is response. However, when I close the plugin and reopen, it's all black.

I will test this again tonight when I get home and update with a screenshot.

Let me know if you guys see the same with Waves or any other 3rd party plugs. Thanks!!!

PC:
Windows 10 pro 64-bit (updated)
i7-8600k
16 GB ram

MPC live
By mistawil Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 am
Yep! I can adjust from the basic q-link view on the live, but the minute i closed the plugin (RVerb) and opened it back up it was gone. Image
By Mason sims Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:53 pm
mistawil wrote:Not sure I seen this issue with Waves v9, For any waves v10 plugin i place on an insert, it loads successfully and the plugin GUI is response. However, when I close the plugin and reopen, it's all black.

I will test this again tonight when I get home and update with a screenshot.

Let me know if you guys see the same with Waves or any other 3rd party plugs. Thanks!!!

PC:
Windows 10 pro 64-bit (updated)
i7-8600k
16 GB ram

MPC live

Yup Yup THE CODE GUY SCREWED US AROUND GOOD THIS TIME WAVES PLUGIN GUI BLACK BUT ONLY WHEN I CLICK THE X BUT NOT WHEN I CLICK ON THE PLUGIN INSIDE OF THE MIXER.......MY LITTLE TRICK LOL ITS JUST A GLITCH WITH THE X BUTTON IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE THE PLUGIN DONT CLICK X..... JUST GO TO YOUR MIXER INSERT CLICK OFF BUTTON.....YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.......LOL AKAI FIX THE BOO BOO
By Fruition Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm
I’m experiencing the same problem. Been looking into it for a few hours and was initially thinking it was a graphics card problem or something of that nature. Noticed in Logic Pro X, the same Waves plugins I’m experiencing trouble with within MPC software, are opening up just fine in Logic. Within MPC, I am able to open up some new instances of those Waves plugins giving me trouble, as VST’s rather than Audio Units (which is how I normally load my Waves plugins). Since in all of my project files I’ve always loaded up Audio Units, it wouldn’t be practical to go ahead and switch them all to VST (I’d be losing all of my tweaked settings data for those Waves plugins). Akai needs to do something about this since I only seem to be experiencing it within MPC software. (Running MPC ver. 2.4 on MacBook 2012 on Mojave software
By Fruition Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:08 pm
For me however I’m seeing it blacked out all the time... it seems that everybody else is able to see the interface until they click the “x” button??
By tigersharc1 Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:33 pm
All my waves plug in's are blacked out for both VST and Audio Unit version. I also checked in FL Studio 20 to see if the waves plug ins would work and they do work just fine. Also I tried running the new Beta of FL Studio VST , but the MPC software just blacks it out and glitches... This has to be a MPC wrapper issue for these plug in's. I am running Mojave 10.14.4
By acura Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:54 pm
tigersharc1 wrote:All my waves plug in's are blacked out for both VST and Audio Unit version. [...] I am running Mojave 10.14.4

Same for me.
By MightyMighty1 Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:15 pm
The odd thing is when I downgraded back to the 1.9 Akai software my Waves plugins appeared again with no problem! Then I reinstalled the 2.4 software again and the blank screen problem appeared again. I don’t get it. Has anyone else gone back to 1.9 just to see if they appear?
By tigersharc1 Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am
At least now we know it is an Akai issue. I am going to call Tech Support on Wednesday and see what if anything they have to say.
By MightyMighty1 Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm
@tigersharc1 Good luck on that fam. I’ve sent 2 emails to Akai and haven’t gotten any response. I also called. They asked for my info so they could call me back when someone was available.........nothing. :?

Waves on the other hand will respond ASAP!
By tigersharc1 Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm
Mighty1 I hear you.... I just got off the phone with Akai. As you can imagine the tech team had no reference material on this issue. The dude I talked to sent me an email so I could send screenshots as well as information to go with what I sent. I have a feeling like you this isn't going to get fixed. This is a mass production money machine that grabs up impulse buyers and keeps it moving despite issues. The next shiny thing that comes along ....SPLICE ....and some forget about the previous problems. They must have forgotten that those who use the Renn don't have or need Splice since the option wouldn't work for us..... So I still see my problem... nothing shiny to distract me.
By optik415 Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pm
This has been a known problem for awhile! To everyone experiencing this would you say it's a Waves prob or Akai prob? This needs to be fixed ASAP